Friday, July 10, 2015

Goodbye, Blog World

This fall would be the 5 year anniversary of my blog. I love looking back and reading my old blog posts from the beginning. When my life as a newlywed revolved around work drama, where we were going for happy hour on Friday night, what time were heading to Tallahassee on Saturday to set up our tailgate for the FSU game, sleeping in on the weekends and tanning on my back porch with a beer and a trashy novel in hand. Oh how times have changed, and my times changed right here before your eyes on my blog. It's entertaining to read about what I once considered "fun", and to think about what I now consider "fun" these days.

I'm so grateful to have had my blog here to help me through the difficult times, when writing down what I was feeling was the only way for me to cope. This blog has seen me struggle through the experience of teaching in a Title I school, battling infertility, loosing my dad, leaving my job to put myself first and braving the IVF process. It has also seen my triumph through the amazing friends and family in our lives, our travels, our reconnection with church, a National Championship for my Seminoles, my pregnancy and the birth of our baby girl. In good times and bad, when all I needed was for someone to listen and not saying anything back, my blog filled that place for me. It's amazing what kind of emotional relief can come from simply typing on a keyboard.

However, 5 years and 744 posts later, I've decided that my blogging time has come to an end. The reason, I can't dedicate myself to my blog the way that I used to. If I'm going to take on a project, I want to do it full out 100% to the best of my ability, or not at all. These past few months, I've barely been able to keep up with doing a half-ass job with my blog. So I'm going to say goodbye to the blog world for now. I will continue to write privately on my own, in my own journal and in a scrapbook/baby book for Peyton. Maybe one day, when the time is right, I will return to blogging. But for now, I want to say thank you so much to everyone who has read my posts of these past 5 years. Thank you for allowing me to share my life, my stories and my obnoxiously large quantities of photos with you.

In true Wine Down fashion, I will leave you with some adorable photos of Peyton as I sign off from the blog world for good. Thank you.











Peyton's One Year Photos by Ariel Rose Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment