Week 41: June 11 - Today!
Week 41 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of some unbelievably large piece of fruit, but I don't know which one because the all of the pregnancy apps stop giving you information at week 40. Fail. The apps continue on into week 41, but instead of giving you information about the baby they just try to give positive reassurance by saying things like, "you won't be pregnant forever" and "hang in there, the baby has to come out eventually". Well, thanks a lot, that makes me feel better.
- I'm still hanging on at 45 pounds of total pregnancy weight gain. You'd think I'd be gaining more weight since I'm still pregnant, but I have a feeling that my 3-5 mile walks I've been taking every day to try to get this baby out of me are probably keeping my weight steady.
- I've been feeling great and I'm actually not all that uncomfortable. I think that I've just been pregnant for so long, that I've completely adapted to being this way and I'm used to it by now. Plus, I firmly believe that all the walking I've been doing has helped out a lot. I feel energized and not excessively large or swollen thanks to this extra exercise.
- I had a third and final acupuncture treatment on Wednesday (41 weeks) to see if that would do the trick. Research shows that it often takes 2-3 treatments for acupuncture to actually work for labor induction. I don't think it has really done anything for me in that department, but it does help me relax and it makes my back feel so much better which has been amazing...so not a total waste.
- We went back to the doctor on Thursday (41 weeks, 1 day) for a check up. At this appointment, I was already 4 centimeters dilated and my doctor did another sweep to try and strip my membranes to get labor started on its own. Unfortunately, my blood pressure was on the rise and I had more swelling than normal which was concerning. That, on top of the fact that my placenta was starting to calcify and my fluids were starting to deplete some (all things that begin to happen once you pass your due date significantly) led my doctor to the decision that he wanted to go ahead and schedule an induction for me for Friday morning. However, his membrane stripping must have been effective because I went into labor on my own before our scheduled induction time!
- Food preferences: People keep taking me out to lunch and out for delicious treats because I think they feel like this will be my last opportunity to do these things for a while. So I'm allowing them to indulge me and loving it. I didn't really try too many of the food-based labor induction myths because I honestly don't think that anything digestive related is going to make me go into labor. No spicy foods or castor oil for this girl. I knew what would happen if I tried those routes...I would just end up nauseated or with diarrhea and still not be in labor. Not a risk I was willing to take. I did try eating an excessive amount of pineapple, which I didn't mind because I really enjoy pineapple. Peyton seemed to like it too, she was bouncing around like crazy from all that natural sugar. I also tried drinking raspberry leaf tea, which was gross but I just chugged it so it wasn't that bad. I drank a bunch of that tea back when I was trying to get pregnant too and it never worked for that either, but it was still worth a try.
Someone passed this shirt down to us for a little pregnancy humor and I felt like now was the perfect opportunity to wear it.
Thank you all so much for reading my blog and following me on my pregnancy journey. This has been a very special time in our lives and I absolutely loved getting to share every milestone with y'all along the way. I can't thank y'all enough for all the prayers and continued support over these past 10 months and beyond. We are so blessed!
- Food preferences: People keep taking me out to lunch and out for delicious treats because I think they feel like this will be my last opportunity to do these things for a while. So I'm allowing them to indulge me and loving it. I didn't really try too many of the food-based labor induction myths because I honestly don't think that anything digestive related is going to make me go into labor. No spicy foods or castor oil for this girl. I knew what would happen if I tried those routes...I would just end up nauseated or with diarrhea and still not be in labor. Not a risk I was willing to take. I did try eating an excessive amount of pineapple, which I didn't mind because I really enjoy pineapple. Peyton seemed to like it too, she was bouncing around like crazy from all that natural sugar. I also tried drinking raspberry leaf tea, which was gross but I just chugged it so it wasn't that bad. I drank a bunch of that tea back when I was trying to get pregnant too and it never worked for that either, but it was still worth a try.
Someone passed this shirt down to us for a little pregnancy humor and I felt like now was the perfect opportunity to wear it.
Thank you all so much for reading my blog and following me on my pregnancy journey. This has been a very special time in our lives and I absolutely loved getting to share every milestone with y'all along the way. I can't thank y'all enough for all the prayers and continued support over these past 10 months and beyond. We are so blessed!
From beginning to end, we've come a long way! Now, let's go have this baby!!!




Good Luck today!! Can't wait to see pictures of Peyton!!! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete