Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bumpdate {39 Weeks}

We are one day away from our due date and anxiously awaiting Miss Peyton's big arrival! I can't believe that tomorrow is June 4th. I've been thinking about and anticipating that date since we found out we were pregnant back in September. We can't wait to meet our little girl soon. Will she arrive right on schedule? Who knows. However, I penciled in her due date on my agenda planner months ago, so if she is anything like her mother, she will probably adhere to the agenda planner and arrive promptly on time. Until then, here is what happened during week 39...

Week 39: May 28 - June 3 

Week 39 Milestones: 

- Baby is the size of a watermelon this week! Yep, that feels about right. 

- I'm pretty excited that my pregnancy weight seems to have plateaued over the past two weeks which is awesome. I'm still holding on at 45 pounds of total weight gain. 

- I think we might end up having a hyper child here on our hands. Peyton has been going ca-ray-zay inside my belly this week. When I'm sitting on the couch in the evening, she moves around so much that it's painful. It feels like she is doing zumba inside my belly and there is virtually no room in there for her to move around, but she does it anyway, crushing all of my organs in the process. Rude. 

- We had a doctor's appointment and pelvic exam on Friday (39 weeks, 2 days). I was 80% effaced, 1 centimeter dilated, and at "station" -1 (here is a link explaining what the stations are). We went back to the doctor on Monday (39 weeks, 5 days) for an ultrasound and another pelvic exam. I was still 80% effaced and at station -1, but I was now 3 centimeters dilated. The doctor asked us at this appointment if we wanted her to be a little "aggressive" during her exam to possibly get things moving in there. Jared didn't hesitate for a second to respond with an excited "yes". Let's just say that her "aggressive" exam was anything but pleasant, but it only lasted for a few minutes, so not too bad. And then I was bleeding. Thanks Jared. After leaving the doctor's office, the bleeding did stop but my contractions started to intensify a little bit and I started having a lot of achiness in my back. Perhaps some back labor? Now, we continue to wait for these contractions to really kick into high gear.      

- I've basically just been large and uncomfortable this week, but still feeling good and healthy! Of course, I've had my normal swollen feet and aches in my hips and pelvis, but nothing major. I have been doing a lot of walking which I think is helping a lot. Every evening, my mom and I go for a 2 mile walk either in her neighborhood or at the mall. While this is tiring for me and makes my belly contract a lot, it really helps keep my hips and pelvis loose which feels so much better than when I am sitting around getting stiff. I can say that I still haven't reached that "oh my goodness I'm so sick of being pregnant" state yet, but if this continues on significantly longer I might be singing a different tune here soon. 

- I feel like people have been generally terrified to be in my presence this week. Whenever I'm out in public, I notice that people tend to back away and keep a safe distance from me. It's like they think I am a ticking pregnancy bomb and if they get too close to me, I might explode at any moment. It makes people really uncomfortable and it's pretty funny to watch from my perspective. Hide yo kids, prego-zilla is on the move. 

- Food preferences: Aside from eating normal nutritious food, which I am still doing, I am enjoying my final pregnancy indulgence in the form of ice cream. Every night for dessert, I have some Ben & Jerry's Half Baked (which is half chocolate chip cookie dough and half chocolate fudge brownie) ice cream. It's naughty. Normally, I would never eat something that sweet because I don't really like sweets, but super prego me is really into it right now.   

- We received our maternity photos from our photographer and I am so in love with them! Check out my post where I shared my favorite photos from the session :)  

At our doctor's appointment on Friday, we got to have a surprise ultrasound! This was completely unexpected and very exciting. She seems to be a pretty big baby and is surely jam packed in there, but she did give us a little peek at her cute face. In this photo, she is facing up looking at us. Her forehead is on the right and you can see the outline of her eyes, nose and lips if you follow from right to left. She looks to be rather squished in there! We had another ultrasound at our Monday appointment, but we were unable to see her face because she is completely facing my back now, all ready to come out!

I also wanted to share photos of Peyton's nursery/bedroom at Grandma DeeDee's (my mom) house. It's so pretty! Good job mom :)    

Hopefully the next time y'all hear from me, we will have a baby!

1 comment: