Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jared's 1st Father's Day

Peyton celebrated her very first holiday at only two days old, Father's Day. We were discharged from the hospital that day, so we got to take our baby girl home that afternoon. What a special way for Jared to be able to celebrate his first Father's Day. I know she is the best gift that he ever could have asked for.

Of course, we had to have an adorable onesie (gift from Grammy Gina) for the occasion. 

We spent the morning in the hospital being discharged and getting Peyton all ready to go home.

Her going home gown was made by family friends of ours, The Wallace's, and it just wouldn't be complete without her monogram of course!

We took some photos of our new little family of three before leaving the hospital. 

 So in love with our baby girl!

We spent the afternoon getting Peyton acquainted with her new home (and dogs!) and then enjoyed our evening with family celebrating Jared for Father's Day!
 
Although bringing home Peyton was plenty enough of a Father's Day gift for Jared, I wanted to start a new tradition for our family as well.

I had a friend in high school who did this with their family and I always thought it was the coolest idea, so I decided to start the tradition with my family as well...
Each kid has their own two books, one for their mom and one for their dad. Every year on Mother's Day and Father's Day, they write a letter to mom/dad in their book instead of buying them a card. Obviously, mom/dad have to do the writing for those first years until the kids are old enough to draw/write their letters on their own. As the years go by, the kids add letters to their books and this way the parents can see them grow up through the book and keep those letters and memories forever. I loved looking through my friend's book and seeing the growth over 18 years. It's so sweet to see the changes in what they think of as important in their lives and their relationship with their parents each year as they grow up.  

I started Jared's book for him this year for his very first Father's Day. It was a surprise and he had no idea, but he absolutely loved it. I can't wait to see what Peyton chooses to add to this book over the coming years.

Happy 1st Father's Day Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment