Weight/Length: As of May 13th, Peyton weighed 19 lbs. 13 oz. and was 30 inches long.
Hair: A mix of dirty blonde and light brown
Eyes: Hazel
Diapers: Size 3 Pampers Swaddlers - We switched back to the regular swaddlers for during the day because hasn't had any diaper rash in a long time and I change her diaper frequently enough during the day that I feel like she can tolerate the non-sensitive ones. At night, we still use the sensitive ones though.
Clothing: She can still fit into some 9 month clothing, but also wears a lot of 12 month clothes already. All of her sleepers are either 12 months or 12-18 months due to the length of the legs. One piece bubbles or rompers are still my favorite because they are the easiest more her around in.
Favorite Things: Books and puzzles! She could play with nothing but books and puzzles all day long, which makes the teacher in me super excited. Of course, we still can't live without the giraffe WubbaNub. She also really likes rattles and balloons. She loves this Musical Lion Walker too, not that she can use it to walk yet, but she likes to push it and use it to help herself scoot around.
Likes: Looking at books, taking apart puzzles, taking baths, zoo animals, brushing her teeth, the pool, grocery shopping, waving and clapping, being upside down, imitating you, pointing at things, sitting up on her own, picking up everything she can get her hands on and throwing it, looking at pictures or videos of herself, being held up to stand or dance, peek-a-boo, "dancing" to music, squealing and "talking".
Dislikes: Strangers, us leaving her alone, teething, trying to get her to do or eat something that she doesn't want to, laying down for any reason other than taking a nap, clothing and diaper changes, taking away her bottle before she is finished, solid foods, having dirty hands, being on her tummy, being confined, and not being able to see what is going on around her.
Feeding Patterns: Peyton still has a bottle of formula three times per day. She has 6 ounces when she wakes up in the morning (between 7-8am), 4 ounces after she wakes up from her nap at 1pm, and 6 ounces before bed at 7pm. The ever exhausting battle with the solid food still continues. I attempt to give her solid food three times per day and it's the worst part of my entire day. She has breakfast around 9am, lunch around 2pm and dinner at 5:30pm. Currently for breakfast, she will eat a couple bites of my waffle (it has to be my waffle, if I make her one of her own, she won't eat it), some yogurt and cereal puffs. It's a chore to get her to eat anything at all, but this is currently all I can get her to accept in the morning. For lunch and dinner, she is typically willing to eat sliced chicken breast deli meat, shredded cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and green smoothie (banana, mango, pineapple, kale and spinach). Some days she will eat only one of these options and some days all of them. I basically have to try each one and figure out what she is willing to eat that day. Additionally, she has weird preferences for eating each item. For example, the only way I can get her to eat the smoothie is to suck some of it up into a straw and then "baby bird" feed it to her from the straw. The only way she will eat cottage cheese is from the carton off of a regular adult spoon. We don't use bowls or plates because she refuses to eat food off of them and just throws them across the room. She has a lot of weird eating quirks and it's exhausting. I know, this all sounds completely ridiculous, but trust me when you spend hours upon hours day after day fighting with your child and it comes down to giving in to their little quirks or them not eating anything, you just give in and then you can feel guilty about it later. If you've been through this phase with your child, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. I used to be one of those people who would pass judgement on moms who "allowed" their children to only eat chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese. I used to think that it was the mom's fault that their kid was a "bad eater", but now I've been there and I have one of those "bad eaters" and I know that I've done everything in my power to try and get her to eat what I think that she "should" be eating and it's just not gonna happen. So let's just say that I will never again pass judgement on another mom for what she feeds her child; do what you've got to do girl and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. I mean, can you blame the kid? Mac-n-cheese is delicious after all.
Sleeping Patterns: Thankfully, this girl is still an expert when it comes to sleeping which is a huge blessing. I guess she makes up for her shortcomings in the eating department by letting me sleep at night. I'll take it. Peyton goes to bed at 8:00pm every night and wakes up between 7-8 in the morning. She then takes a nap from 10am-1pm and another nap from 3:30-5:30pm. She definitely loves to sleep! Obviously, this schedule only happens on days that we are home all day. On days that we are out of the house, she is pretty good about being flexible with her naps and just catching up on sleep whenever we are riding in the car.
Month Eleven Milestones: My genius mother suggested that I make Peyton a green smoothie in an attempt to get some sort of veggies into her, since she refuses to even look at them. It totally worked. I make her the Island Green smoothie from the Tropical Smoothie recipe (I used to work there) minus the added sugar. She really likes it and I am so thrilled! At least it makes me feel a little better about her only wanting to eat cheese the rest of the day. Ugh. She also tried cottage cheese for the first time and really likes that too! I mean, its not really healthy or a vegetable, but at least it's something else I can add to the list of like 3 things that she will actually eat. Peyton currently has 6 teeth and she added "hi" and "nuh-nuh" (her version of "num or yum" and she says it when she is eating) to her vocabulary this month. She is still mostly immobile and does not act like she has any interest in crawling or walking anytime soon. She did recently start "scooting" on her bottom a little bit. She doesn't scoot constantly or very far, but when she is playing on the floor she will slowly and gradually sort of scoot herself in the direction of something she wants. I guess that's some sort of progress. Pre-baby Jacki would have been totally freaking out about the idea of my child not being on track for the developmental milestone of crawling, but the thought of having to chase her around sounds so exhausting and messy that I'm totally okay with enjoying what's left of her immobility. I figure when she's ready, she will get up and go somewhere. Until then. I'm not going to worry about it or add anything else to my mom guilt plate.
We celebrated the upcoming arrival of Baby Anne with my childhood family friends. All three of these special girls in my life have June 13th birthdays!
We took daddy's aunts and grandma to the beach when they were in town visiting!
Peyton had her first flower girl experience in Grammy's wedding!
Summers are for Lilly Pulitzer dresses
A favorite activity - playing on the back patio
Celebrating Cinco de Mayo with our church friends!
A new favorite food - green smoothies!
Peyton made special photo gifts for her grandmas on Mother's Day
Peyton loves going to the zoo!
Post-zoo lunch date with our friend Harrison and his mommy, Emily.
Enjoying the awesome pool and water park in our neighborhood!
Mama's Thoughts: Peyton is definitely coming into her own personality these days, and it's not always pretty. When she's in a good mood and doing what she wants, she's a blast. When she's sleepy, in a bad mood or not doing what she wants to do, watch out. Super grump. She's also currently going through this separation anxiety phase where she doesn't want me to leave her alone when she's awake. She doesn't even want me to play with her, she just wants me to sit next to her while she plays or carry her wherever I go. And I've tried wearing her in a wrap/carrier while I attempt to do things and she hates it. She doesn't like being confined, so putting her in a carrier, bouncer, walker, etc. while I do housework is even worse than just leaving her on the floor to
Happy 11 months sweet girl!












No comments:
Post a Comment