Monday, November 15, 2010

I can't believe I'm blogging...

I never and I mean NEVER in a million years would have ever expected myself to have a blog. Not that I seriously think that other people really care about what I am doing with my life, but I know that at least my mother-in-law will probably read and enjoy it :)

I will admit that I have stolen this idea from my friend (and fellow young bride) Christina McGuire. I just started reading her blog about her first year of marriage to my husband's best friend. While I may have missed the boat on blogging about my first year of marriage since Jared and I have been married for 1 year and 5 months (holy cow that flew by!), I figured that I could jump on the blogging bandwagon anyways. Since our husbands always have to deal with Christina and I planning out our futures at our FSU tailgates every weekend, I think they can deal with us reporting our lives to everyone we know over the internet too :)

I am very lucky to live in close proximity (only 1 exit south on 95) from my parents, but Jared and I have other family and friends who live very far away. Thanks to technology, it is easy to communicate with the people we don't get to see very often. If you know me, you know that I hate talking on the phone. Trust me, you will get a lot more out of me in this blog than you will in any phone conversation.

I have also decided to practice what I preach. As an English teacher, I force my students to write journal entires at least a two times a week. Studies show that journaling improves your writing skills and it also serves as a sort of therapy, blah blah blah, etc. Therefore, all this research tells me that I make my students write journal entires because it is good for them, not just as an English student but as a person. So I decided that what is good for my students is good for me too. This way, I can write down all my stories about my crazy students and if no one wants to read them, oh well, I still feel better having written them down. Plus, Jared won't have to listen to my crazy stories when I know all he wants to do when he gets home from work is watch tv and plan his fantasy football line-up for next week.

In conclusion, judge me if you will because I'm still not so sure how I feel about this whole blogging thing. We'll see how long this lasts because I am notorious for starting a project and never finishing it. Plus, you never know when one of my students will throw a desk, or write a cool rap, or when Sadie might chase the fat kid on the scooter down the street. So until I decide that I need to procrastinate from grading papers again, adios!     

2 comments:

  1. ah ha! i found this!! so cool, i love it. your favorite MIL has discovered your blog. I plan to be an actice reader and i must say, so far, I am thoroughly entertained. Love you, see you soon, and of course, kiss my grand Dogs. I know they miss me. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that even if no one else ever reads my blog that you will :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete