Sunday, January 30, 2011

I love Saturdays

Saturday is officially my favorite day of the week; not just because I don't have work but also because there is no work the next day either. I love Sundays, but I usually have to spend them cleaning and getting ready for the upcoming week which is no fun. Saturday is purely a day for fun or for relaxing with no pressure of the next day. In the fall, Saturday means college football and in the spring it means beach days and other outdoor fun.

Yesterday was a great Saturday and we had so much fun on our quadruple date :) Jared and I spent the day with Josh and Heather, Boden and Kristen, MaryAnn and Ryan, and baby Jackson of course. Our morning started off with a delicious breakfast at Cracker Barrell before we ventured down to St. Augustine for the day.  


We spent the day wandering around historic downtown, going into the little shops and just enjoying the weather. It was pretty crowded which Jared and Ryan hated since they can't stand tourists or touristy things, which I find really funny seeing as how both of them are from huge tourist traps: Jared - Florida Keys and Ryan - New Orleans. Anyways, we drug them all over St. Augustine and they were really good sports about it.

We made a pit stop at the cigar shop, Stogies, so the boys could get a beer and a cigar. While they were picking out their cigars, we took Jackson over by the fountain in the courtyard to let him throw in some money. MaryAnn gives me all the change she has, about 8 different coins, to give to Jackson. Some how I thought of the brilliant idea that I'd take 2 of her quarters and exchange them for pennies in one of the shops, this way she only has to waste 50 cents and Jackson has 50 coins to throw into the fountain. I figured that would keep him busy for a while and it totally worked. I was proud of myself for coming up with the idea and I think Ryan was thankful that I thought of a way to save him money.


While the boys were enjoying their beer and cigars in the courtyard outside of Stogies, MaryAnn, Jackson and I wandered down to a sidewalk art show. There was a local artist selling sketches of historic downtown and of course I loved them all since I am obsessed with St. Augustine. I found one that was perfect for me...it is of the Casa Monica and it looks just like our wedding portrait so I had to have it. So I took my sales pitch back to Jared and convinced him to buy it for me :) I can't wait to frame it and hang it up!


On our way back from the art show, we found the boys inside this hot sauce store, Capt'n Rick's. They had all kinds of different hot sauces and they had them numbered by hotness level. They had a special one called the Level 10X. If you try this hot sauce, they take your picture and give you a sticker for surviving it. Boden was the only one from our group brave enough to try it and he survived, proudly wearing his sticker for the rest of the day. They even took his picture for their wall of fame.

Next, we went to a late lunch at Cruiser's and after lunch Jared and Ryan took Jackson to Kilwin's for ice cream. After visiting a few more shops, it was time to head home. It was a great day and we had so much fun with everyone, especially Jackson. Then again, everything is more fun and entertaining when you have a toddler with you :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment