Monday, January 24, 2011

New Name

I have finally decided to change the name of my blog. At first, I thought my blog was going to be about Jared and I and our life together, but it has really ended up being just about me...oops :) So I have decided that "Jared & Jacki" is a really lame title for my blog and that the name of it should really be a little more reflective of me.

Therefore, I have changed it to "Wine Down" for a couple of reasons other than the fact that a new name was just way overdue. First of all, I really like to drink wine, and that is no secret. Secondly, I like to think of my blog as a way for me to wind down from my day. I can reflect on what happened that day and get all of my thoughts and emotion (whatever that may be) out of my system. Writing is some of the best therapy that you can do for yourself. Remember in high school when teachers would always make you write about those stupid journal topics? Well, that wasn't just to get you to practice writing. It was also to help you learn how to think and reflect on your own thoughts. So if you are having trouble letting go of your thoughts and emotions, then maybe you should start writing them down.

Plus, when I unload my thoughts and stories into my blog, then Jared doesn't have to listen to my rambling when he gets home from work. So I guess that the name of my blog comes from the two things that really help me to "wind down" from my day, blogging and wine...and the two usually go hand in hand.

Hopefully, if you read my blog regularly then it can serve as a way for you to wind down from your day as well...preferably with a glass of wine in hand :) Happy Reading!

1 comment: