Friday, April 10, 2015

Peyton Brooke {Nine Months}

Peyton turns 10 months old in 3 days, so I guess now is probably a good time to finally get this 9 month post done. Oops. I have zero time for blogging these days and honestly, I'm over it anyways. It's been almost 5 years and 740 blog posts later, I think we are done here. I just can't do this non-stop game of catch-up anymore. Therefore, I will do only 3 more posts after this one (10 months, 11 months and 12 months) to finish out Peyton's first year updates, and then that's it, no more blog. I'd quit now, but I need to finish these first year posts in order to use them to create her baby book.

Now, onto the 9 month post. Obviously, the information in this post is not up to date (I'm saving that stuff for the 10 month post next week), it's solely based on things that happened during month nine. Sorry that I'm having to back track and give you old information...alas, the blog catch-up dilemma.  


Weight/Length: As of her doctor visit on March 18th, Peyton weighed 18 lbs. 5.5 oz. and was 29 inches long.

Hair: Blonde/Light brown. Still not enough hair to clip a bow into, but don't worry we have headbands.

Eyes: Hazel. Usually they are mostly green, but they often change from blue to green to brown.

Diapers: Size 3 Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive

Clothing: All 9 month clothing, but quickly outgrowing her 9 month sleepers. Looks like I'll be buying some 12 month sleepers here very soon! Rompers and onesies are still our favorite outfits simply because they are just easy. Two piece outfits are always riding up and just annoying me in general, so I try to steer clear of them if possible.


Favorite Things: her giraffe WubbaNub, rattles, blocks, books that she can pick up on her own, her baby dollRock-A-StackBaby Einstein Musical Activity Table, Bounce & Ride ElephantV-Tech Activity Cube, but her favorite toy by far is the Little People Disney Princesses and her favorite book is Who's Who at the Zoo (I decided to put the links for all her favorite toys in case there are any mamas out there who are interested in seeing what they are) 

Likes: taking baths, grocery shopping, waving and clapping, zoo animals, being upside down, imitating you, pointing at things, sitting up on her own, picking up everything she can get her hands on and throwing it, looking at pictures or videos of herself, being held up to stand or dance, standing at her activity table, looking at books, peek-a-boo, sucking on a teething ring or her WubbaNub, food, "dancing" to music, squealing and "talking".

Dislikes: laying down for any reason other than taking a nap, clothing and diaper changes, taking away her bottle or food before she is finished, green veggies, having dirty hands, being on her tummy, being confined, and not being able to see what is going on around her.

Feeding Patterns: Peyton eats solid food three times per day and has breastmilk three times per day. She nurses at 8:00am, eats oatmeal and bananas at 9:30am, nurses at 1:00pm, eats fruit/veggies at 2:00pm, eats fruit/veggies/yogurt at 5:00pm, and has 9 ounces of breastmilk in the bottle at 8:00pm.

Sleeping Patterns: Peyton wakes up around 8:00am every morning. She takes a nap from 10:00am-1:00pm and another nap around 3:30 or 4:00-5:00pm. Sometimes she skips her afternoon nap, which makes her pretty grumpy...those days are rough. She goes to bed by 9:00pm and sleeps uninterrupted for 11 hours at night. 

Month Nine Milestones: This month Peyton mastered waving hello and goodbye, clapping when she hears music, giving high fives, drinking through a straw, drinking from a cup, "chewing" small pieces of food and eating non-purees, eating yogurt, feeding herself cereal puffs, started cutting her 3rd tooth, started attending a Mommy & Me fitness class at our neighborhood fitness center, saying "nom nom nom" when hungry or when something tastes good, and just doing a lot of "talking" in general. I feel like Peyton is never going to crawl. This child has no desire to go anywhere, which is totally ok with me because that's  less time I have to spend chasing her around all day. So for now, I'm going to continue to enjoy the fact that if I sit her down in one place, she will stay there and play by herself perfectly content until I move her. It's glorious. 


Mama's Thoughts: The fact that I'm starting to get advertisements in the mail and my email for "planning your baby's first birthday party" makes me want to cry. She growing up too fast! However, I do love her ever emerging little personality and independence. She's cracks me up with her sassy little expressions. I'm definitely going to miss her little baby traits though. However, I surely will not miss the breastfeeding. Am I the only person who totally missed the boat on breastfeeding being a "magical bonding experience" with your baby? Don't get me wrong, I had zero problems breastfeeding and everything went smoothly, I just don't like it and after nine months of my life revolving around it, I'm seriously so over it. I feel super guilty for actually admitting that, but it's true. I'm over it. The only reason I'm still doing it is because it's so good for Peyton and it's free. But other than my slight annoyance with breastfeeding, life in mommy world is good. I am so blessed to have the most amazing job ever, and I can honestly say that I have just too much fun with this precious little girl every single day.
Our first Valentine's Day!

The Kappa Sigma wives and babies celebrating Heather and baby Hailey

 Proof that we do actually have cold weather in Florida...and we hate it. 

 Mommy got crafty and made some fun sensory bottles to play with!

 We took daddy out to a special breakfast at Maple Street Biscuit Company on his birthday!

Our birthday photo-card for daddy :)

 Our first Mommy & Me fitness class!

Spring finally arrived and we got to play outside! 

 Peyton welcomed a new friend, Elle McGuire, into the world!

 Peyton and Mommy's favorite activity to do when daddy's not around...go shopping at Target

Just cruisin' around the playroom on my elephant :) 

Happy 9 months sweet baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment