Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Peyton's 1st St. Patrick's Day

Peyton and I had a grand 'ole time celebrating one of my favorite holidays yesterday! I just really love St. Patrick's Day for some reason and I was so excited to get to enjoy it with Peyton this year. Our festivities this year were a little different (don't worry I still got my Reuben sandwich and my Irish beer) than in the past, but I wouldn't change a single thing about it.

It wouldn't be a proper holiday in the Roche household without a themed outfit of course :)  

The main reason that St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays is because it also happens to be the day that Jared and I met for the very first time. This is our first photo together, on that day, NINE years ago! My how times have changed.

Like any other holiday around here, this called for a photo shoot :)

A fun present from mommy for the holiday. This necklace was a bad idea. I never stood a chance at getting her to pay attention to me or look at the camera after this. But she loved it.

Peyton and I spent St. Patrick's Day at our local Irish Pub and she had a blast. This child loves going to restaurants. She is always entertained, sitting up in the high chair checking everyone out, smiling and waving at everybody as they walk by. She was particularly fond of the green table cloth at our table and kept trying to pull it off, almost taking everyone's beers and food with it.

We had a play date at the pub (yes, I just used the words "play date" and "pub" in the same sentence) with some of Peyton's Kappa Sigma baby friends. All of their daddies were fraternity brothers in college, and we are so glad that we got some amazing mommy and baby friends out of that deal too! Basically, this "play date" was more for the mamas than the babies, but hey mamas deserve a little lunch date every now and then too.

Here's something I never thought I would be doing on St. Patrick's Day...sitting on the floor of a restaurant playing with three infants. Luckily, we were sort of in the corner of a back room away from the main dining area, so we didn't look too insane. I'm sure they put us back there on purpose. Sorry I'm not sorry.
Is this the cutest thing you have ever seen or what? 
Adelyn {1 year}, Harrison {6.5 weeks}, Peyton {9 months}

Peyton and I had a wonderful holiday and we hope that you did too! Happy St. Patrick's Day from this lucky little girl and her very blessed mama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment