Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bumpdate {18 Weeks}

Here is our first bumpdate of the New Year! I can't believe that we are finally in baby girl's birth year. Now, we can really start getting geared up for her arrival. Let the preparation, decorating, and registering begin!

Week 18: January 1 - January 7

Week 18 Milestones:

- Baby is the size of a sweet potato this week! She is moving around a lot in there, kicking, rolling, punching, hiccuping, etc. but I still can't feel any of it yet.

- My total weight gain thus far is about 12-13 pounds.

- I flew on a airplane for the first time while pregnant this week. Not pleasant. In addition to being molested by TSA since I couldn't go through the scanner, any motion on the plane made me feel super nauseous. I literally felt like I was going to hurl during take-off, landing and any turbulence on the flight. On our flights back home, my hands and feet got super swollen which was so uncomfortable. I was miserable. Needless to say, I will probably never fly on an airplane again while pregnant unless it is absolutely necessary.

- Jared's mom painted the nursery for us this week! The wall color is a pale pink called Diminutive Pink by Sherwin-Williams. I was really nervous about painting the walls a color because it always looks so different once you actually get the paint up on the wall. Plus, pinks are really had to do because sometimes they turn out too red, or too purple, or too peachy, and I didn't want it to be obnoxiously bright. Just a hint of pink. It turned out perfectly and my mother-in-law did an amazing job painting it. She's so talented.

- Food preferences: Nothing has changed. I finally got away from my donuts craving. Favorites are still salads, carbs and milk. Eggs and chicken are still on the nausea list.

Baby girl got to attend her very first National Championship game and we won! I kept saying that she has been a good luck charm for the 'Noles all season. I am so excited that she will be born during an FSU National Championship reign.

2 comments:

  1. Phew...I was getting a little nervous because there weren't any updates!! Glad everything is GREAT!! You look awesome!!!!! Yay for 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I somehow missed the announcement!

    ReplyDelete