Week 19: January 8 - January 14
Week 19 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of a mango this week! She measured in at 11 ounces at our doctor's appointment which is a little on the large size for only week 19. We're not surprised. I told you that big babies run in the family :) She has all 5 of her senses now and she can even recognize my voice. That makes me feel special. I guess I better start talking to her.
- My total weight gain thus far is just over 13 pounds. I've started to notice that my belly button is getting much smaller, like it's squeezing together. I think that I am going to have an outie here soon.
- We went to the doctor for our mid-pregnancy ultrasound which is where they do a full anatomy scan to make sure that every part of the baby is developing correctly. We had to go to a special obstetric consultant place for our ultrasound instead of my regular OB because I was an IVF patient. Sometimes IVF babies are more at risk for certain things so they just like to be extra sure and use the fancy ultrasound machine to double check everything. Baby girl looked great and everything checked out fine!
- On our way home from Chattanooga, we stopped in Atlanta at this amazing baby furniture store called Georgia Baby to look at furniture for the nursery. If you live within a reasonable driving distance to North Atlanta, I highly recommend this place. They have a huge selection actually in the showroom (so you aren't just shopping out of catalogs) and they are so helpful. My mom and I were in there for 8 hours because we ended up going in a completely different direction than I had originally imagined. The staff there helped us design the entire nursery to make it exactly what I wanted and I am so happy with the results. I felt so accomplished when I left there. We ordered all the furniture, light fixtures, and a rug, so the only things left to decide on is the artwork for the walls. Now, we are just waiting for everything to get delivered! Here's a little sneak peak of the crib we ordered: Baby's Dream: Enchanted. I love it :)
- Food preferences: Same old, same old. Salads and carbs. I have gone back to making smoothies at home like a used to. For a while there, fruit was just too sweet for my tummy, but now I like certain fruits again. I still haven't been brave enough to try mango again though since my body started disliking it once I got pregnant.
My mom and I got to spend the weekend up in Chattanooga, Tennessee with Baby Claire practicing my BOB walking skills and learning lots of new mommy skills! Claire's family and mine are lifelong friends so hopefully Claire and my baby girl will carry on the tradition. Claire has a late summer birthday so my baby girl and her might even be in the same grade!
While I was out of town in Chattanooga, Jared and some of our friends from church installed brand new wood floors in the nursery for me! They are beautiful. Thank you wood floor installation crew :)
Baby girl was not a fan of the ultrasound machine on this day. It was freezing outside and she did not want to come uncurled from her little ball to move around for us.

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment