Weight/Length: At her doctor visit today, Peyton weighed 14 pounds 4.5 ounces and measured 26 inches long. She is still in the 52nd percentile for weight and the 97th percentile for height. The doctor said that she is currently the height of an average 7 month old! I guess I'll be getting her a volleyball for her first birthday! :)
Hair: Outside in the sun and in certain lighting, her hair looks super blonde. However, at other times it looks like a light brown. She still doesn't have a ton of hair so it is difficult to tell for sure.
Eyes: Her eyes are a dark blue-gray, but more on the gray side. Sometimes they look like they are starting to turn a little green or hazel. Just like the hair, it depends on what type of lighting you look at them under.
Diapers: We are currently in size 2 diapers and still using the Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive. I have become quite the shopper when it comes to finding good deals on my favorite diapers. When I find a really good deal, I stock up.
Clothing: Peyton is still wearing mostly 3-6 month clothing, but is rapidly moving into the 6 month clothing due to her length. She has been wearing strictly 6 month sleepers all this month because her legs are so long. Now that she can sit up with assistance and sit in the Bumbo on her own, we have started wearing some dresses and two piece outfits in addition to the onesies and rompers. However, the onesies are still her favorite because she doesn't like a lot of fabric or getting too warm. We have to accessorize every outfit with a bib these days because her mouth is like a 24/7 fountain of bubbles and drool.
Favorite Things: her Elsa (from Frozen) doll, her stuffed animal Brie (from The Aristocats), WubbaNubs, her zebra lovie, crib mobile, play mat, mirrors, her fist, her feet, lights, music, Bumbo seat, and her activity jumper.
Likes: All types of music (especially when mommy sings Disney songs), WubbaNubs, putting anything with soft textures (bib, burb cloth, lovie) in her mouth, putting her fist in her mouth, laughing and giggling, smiling, looking in the mirror, playing by herself on her mat or in her crib, watching her mobile, imitating sounds and "talking" gibberish, being held up so she can look around, sitting up in her Bumbo or activity jumper, grabbing her legs and stretching them up, getting so excited when Daddy comes home from work, bath time with Daddy, her bottle and being naked.
Dislikes: Peyton doesn't dislike much these days. She doesn't like getting too warm or overtired. She still hates being confined, but I don't ever try to confine her (except in her car seat, which she is used to now so she doesn't mind it) so we don't typically run into that problem. She gives a little fuss when she is getting dried off after her bath or if you take her bottle away before she is finished. Other than that, she is super easy going and doesn't let much bother her.
Feeding Patterns: Peyton is still strictly on breast milk, either via nursing or me pumping into a bottle. She eats five times per day, every three hours. She nurses at 8:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm, 5:00pm and then has 6.5 ounces of breast milk in the bottle at 8:00pm. She does not have any night time feedings! However, I wake up at 5:00am every morning to pump so that I can keep a stockpile of breast milk. I hate having to nurse her when we are at events, or out in public doing stuff on the weekend. It takes so much longer to nurse, I have to go away and hide somewhere, she hates the nursing cover and it's just annoying and uncomfortable for both of us. It's so much easier to just give her a bottle.
Sleeping Patterns: My 4 month old sleeps 10-11 hours uninterrupted at night. You can hate me, it's ok. I understand. After Peyton drinks her 8:00pm bottle, she gets her bath, a bedtime story and then we put her in her crib wide awake around 8:45. She then falls asleep on her own usually by 9:00-9:15. And sleeps all night long. Hallelujah. I wake her up between 7:30-7:45 in the morning for her 8:00am feeding. Sometimes she will wake up on her own right at 7:30, but if she does wake on her own she doesn't cry or fuss, she just looks around her room and entertains herself until I come get her. I know. Luckiest mommy ever. I wish I could pretend like I'm a super mom and that I actually had something to do with all this, but I didn't. I have no idea how she learned to sleep in her crib through the night so well. She just did it on her own. So I just went along with it. I'm sorry I don't have any trade secrets or magical technique to share with y'all, trust me if I knew the secret to how to get your baby to do this I would share it with everyone, but I just got lucky I suppose. Peyton still follows the "eat, play, sleep" routine during the day. Every three hours she nurses, plays for about 1 hour, sleeps for about 1 hour, and then she wakes up and starts the whole cycle all over again.
Month Four Milestones: Peyton has been excelling in development like crazy this month! She discovered that she can change the volume of her voice (from cooing to squealing) and she "talks" at length in baby gibberish. She can prop herself up on her elbows, holding her head and shoulders up nice and high. She loves to prop herself up and look around. She has started holding onto objects well and holding her own hands and feet. She can sit up with assistance, as well as sit up on her own in the Bumbo seat and the activity jumper. She has started reaching out for objects that she wants, but she hasn't fully learned to reach and grab yet...it's still more of a reach and swat right now. She tries (but has not been successful yet) at putting her pacifier back into her mouth when it falls out. She can grab it and bring it to her mouth, but she can't quite get it in correctly yet. She slept over at Grandma DeeDee's house overnight for the first time ever. She recently had her first stuffy nose, but she didn't let it bother her at all. Her little nose made the most pathetic, sniffly sounds which made mama sad, but she acted like she felt perfectly fine so that was good. We survived our first bout of being "sick" with no trouble at all, hooray!
And last, but definitely not least...drum roll. Peyton decided that today, during her 4 month check up, would be a good time to roll over for the first time ever! And I got it on video...
Peyton also got 3 vaccines at her check up today (2 shots and 1 oral) and she took them like a champ. She cried for maybe 5 seconds and then was back to smiling again. She's tough just like her mama! :)
Mama's Thoughts: Watching Peyton roll over for the first time today was magical. I've been watching her try so hard to accomplish this milestone for weeks now, and I was extremely proud of her for finally getting it! It was a true proud mama moment. I finally understand that "proud parent" thing now. It doesn't matter if every other kid in the world is doing the same thing, when your kid finally does it, it's the greatest feeling ever. I realize that every baby rolls over eventually, but mine did it today and I'm so overjoyed about it so I'm going to savor the moment, just for me. I can't imagine how proud I'm going to feel when I watch her accomplish something really cool like graduating from college. Good thing I have the next two decades to prepare for that.
Peyton can sit up in her Bumbo seat on her own and she loves it!
Peyton stayed at Grandma DeeDee's house overnight for the first time ever while mommy and daddy went to the FSU vs. Clemson game in Tallahassee.
Trying to learn how to turn over earlier this month. That pesky bottom arm just kept holding her back. I can't believe she finally did it today!
On the first day of fall, we went and played out in the yard for the first time and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Peyton loved being outside!
Peyton discovered her feet and just loves to pull them up high and hold on to them.
Peyton and I started volunteering at our church one weekday morning per week.
She finally figured out that putting her arms in front of her makes this whole tummy time thing a heck of a lot easier. She can now prop herself up on her arms and hands. She enjoys tummy time much more now.
Peyton doesn't know what to do with all the goodies on this activity jumper yet, but she definitely loves sitting in it and just looking around for now.
I just love when she shows off her big smile for my camera :)
We took Peyton on her first trip to St. Augustine. She basically slept the entire time.
We finally got all of these babies together for the FSU vs. Wake Forest game! Our husbands were fraternity brothers in college so we have been calling ourselves the "Kappa Sigma Wives Club" as we've all gotten married over the past 6 years. Now, all of us have kids! I guess we are no longer the Wives Club, but the Mommies Club now!
Peyton strolled along with us in the Out of the Darkness community walk in memory of her Grandpa Rocky (my dad). This event benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Grandma DeeDee and I took Peyton to the Grand Opening of the new Disney Store here and she absolutely loved it! She especially fell in love with Elsa from Frozen.
We made this special photo greeting to wish Grandma DeeDee a Happy Birthday!
Grandma DeeDee's Birthday Dinner
The most adorable little Seminole I've ever seen :)
Peyton's first trip to a farm! (Blog post coming soon)
Peyton. I can't even. Stop being so cute.
Happy 4 Month Birthday Baby Girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment