Weight/Length: On her 3 month birthday, Peyton weighed 13 pounds 3 ounces and was 25 inches long. According to the doctor, she is currently in the 52nd percentile for weight and the 97th percentile for height. Tall and slender. I wonder where she got that body type from? :)
Hair: Outside in the sun and in certain lighting, her hair looks super blonde. However, at other times it still looks like a light brown. She still doesn't have a ton of hair so it is difficult to tell for sure.
Eyes: Her eyes are a dark blue-gray, more on the gray side. Sometimes they look like they are starting to turn a little hazel. Perhaps this child will look like me after all.
Diapers: We have still been in size 1 all this month, but it is time for size 2, desperately. I have one already opened pack of size 1 diapers left and once I use all those up, it will be size 2 from then on. I always wondered how I would know when it's time to move up a size in diapers. I'll tell you how. When every time baby poops you have poo shooting out from all sides, especially the legs...it's time for a bigger size. We are still using the Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, and even though they are a little more expensive than the normal ones I love them too much to give them up.
Clothing: Peyton is mostly in size 3-6 month clothing and a few 6 month items. She still has a couple 3 month outfits that she can wear, but I had to pack most of that size up too. She is just took long for almost anything in the size that corresponds to her age. The 3-6 month sleepers are getting too small as well, so we will probably be moving to all 6 month pajamas here soon. She likes wearing onesies the best. The less fabric an outfit has, the more she likes it. She is so hot-natured that anything with a lot of fabric makes her too warm. No socks, pants or long sleeves for this girl. Plus, anything that is too pieces is just a nightmare because she is constantly pulling the shirt or dress up over her head. I'd rather just not deal with all that, so onesies and rompers it is!
Favorite Things: I never go anywhere without a WubbaNub and her zebra lovie. She loves looking at herself in the mirror. Anytime she starts to get fussy, I just walk into the bathroom and we look in the mirror. She instantly smiles and giggles. Lifesaver. She loves to lay in her crib and watch her mobile. Sometimes I leave her in there for 30+ minutes and she just smiles and watches the mobile go round. She still enjoys laying on her play mat and kicking around too. She recognizes her bottle now and gets so excited about it. As soon as she sees the bottle, she opens her mouth.
Likes: All types of music (especially when mommy sings Disney songs), WubbaNubs, putting anything with soft textures (bib, burb cloth, lovie) in her mouth, putting her fist in her mouth, laughing and giggling, smiling, looking in the mirror, playing by herself on her mat or in her crib, watching her mobile, imitating sounds, being held up so she can look around, getting so excited when Daddy comes home from work, bath time with Daddy, her bottle and being naked.
Dislikes: Wet diapers, being put into her car seat, getting dried off after her bath, changing outfits, when her paci falls out and she can't get it back, if you take the bottle away and she's not finished yet, being confined in a carrier or anything for too long, getting too hot, anything that covers her hands, head or feet, being on her tummy for too long (she doesn't mind tummy time as much anymore as long as you don't leave her there for more than 10 minutes).
Feeding Patterns: Peyton is still strictly on breast milk, either via nursing or pumping into a bottle. She eats six times per day, every three hours. She nurses at 6:00am, 9:00am, 12:00pm, 3:00pm, 6:00pm, and then has a 6 ounce bottle of breast milk at 9:00pm. She does not have any feedings during the night! For about a week and a half of this month she was only having bottles (of breastmilk that I was pumping) because I had 11 moles surgically removed, three of which were on my breasts so I couldn't nurse her like normal. I was a little nervous that it would throw off my milk supply or that it would mess up her feeding routine, but she did just fine and we had no problems. She adapts so easily to any situation. I am a lucky mommy. Last month, the doctor was concerned that she wasn't gaining as much weight as they anticipated she would based on her large birth weight. So she said we would check again this month to see if we needed to keep up with extra feedings or if this was just how her body shape was going to be. Sure enough, I was right. She's just long and slender like mommy and so there is no need to try and force her to gain extra weight anymore. Thank goodness.
Sleeping Patterns: Peyton sleeps for 7.5 hours at night! Her night time routine is pretty solid and I am so thankful for that. She eats her 6 ounce bottle, poops, has her bath, pees twice, and then goes down for bed. She is typically asleep by 10:30pm and then I wake her up at 6:00am for her first feeding of the day. She is such a good sleeper that she doesn't even wake up on her own, I have to wake her up in the morning! After her 6:00am feeding, she goes right back to sleep until her next feeding...which I also have to wake her up for. Throughout the rest of the day, she follows the same schedule. Eat, play for about 30 minutes-1 hour and then takes a nap until I wake her up for her next feeding. She never wakes up on her own to eat, I have to wake her up or else she will sleep for hours without eating. I have to wake her up and make her eat so that she gets enough calories during the day, and that way I don't have to mess with her night time sleep schedule. I love that Peyton is such a good sleeper, what a blessing!
Month Three Milestones: This month, Peyton has learned how to...suck her thumb/fingers, grasp some objects, imitate sounds, drool and blow spit bubbles, recognize herself in the mirror, push her lower body up with her feet when lying on her back or tummy, bring objects and hands to her mouth, lift and hold up her head and shoulders up when lying on her tummy, laugh out loud, put her hands up on her bottle to try and hold it, and smile at things she enjoys.
Mama Thoughts: Watching Peyton grow and learn is literally the greatest joy of my life. Sometimes I notice that I've stopped what I'm doing without even realizing it, not getting things accomplished around the house because I'm just standing and watching her in absolute awe. And I'm totally okay with that. The laundry will still be there tomorrow, but I'll never get this moment with my daughter back. Everyday she does something new and even more adorable. Just when I think I couldn't possibly love her any more, the next day comes and I do. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram its pretty obvious that I'm basically obsessed with her. She is the sweetest little girl and I am so blessed to be her mommy. Having my surgery (11 moles removed) was really hard on me. Not only was it a fairly painful and very uncomfortable recovery, but it also made me miss Peyton so much more. I couldn't do anything with her for about a week because I wasn't allowed to lift anything or move my arms too much because all of the incisions (and stitches) were on my back and chest and we didn't want them to stretch out and not heal properly. I was so sad not being able to even hold my baby girl. Luckily, my mom and Jared did a great job taking care of Peyton and me. I'm pretty proud of my new mommy skills thus far, but of course just like P, I'm learning something new every day.
Peyton's favorite things...big bows, her giraffe WubbaNub, her zebra lovie and being naked.
Peyton loves to put her hands in her mouth. Non-stop.
We attended Mike and Emily's baby gender reveal party to find out that Peyton is getting a new BOY friend in February! We can't wait to play with little Harrison!
We dressed up in some vintages outfits from mommy's baby clothes collection circa 1987.
We visited Grandma DeeDee at work and discovered that she has quite a few photos of Peyton on display in her office :)
Mommy and Grandma DeeDee dressed her up in a billion different outfits. And took a billion photos. I think this child could probably wear a different outfit everyday and never repeat. Her closet is insane. The amount of photos I have of her on my phone is also insane.
She is getting so good at holding her head and shoulders up! She hasn't quite figured out yet that she needs to put her hands in front of her for balance to help her push up. So for now, she just teeter totters on her tummy with her head and feet in the air like Superman.
Peyton got to meet her great-grandmother (Jared's paternal grandmother) for the very first time!
Her and I went on many shopping trips with Grandma DeeDee.
We might be creating a spoiled little monster :)
She had her first play date ever! We went to Mary Claire's house to hang out with our church friends, Mary Claire and Lorelei.
We went to visit great-grandma (my maternal grandmother) once a week. Being around Peyton seems to be extremely helpful to my grandma and her Alzheimer's. She absolutely loves Peyton and she gets so happy and excited when I bring her over.
Peyton's very first FSU Gameday!!!! Technically, Peyton has already attended and watched a ton of FSU games from inside my tummy, but this was the first one that she was actually here for. We watched the game on TV at home. Read my post about it here.
Peyton's first girls' trip with mommy and Grandma DeeDee to The Lodge at Ponte Vedra Beach.
Peyton's first day to the beach! Read my post about it here.
Peyton's little personality is really starting to take shape and I am loving every minute. She might be the most adorable child ever...yes, mommy is biased. Happy 3 Month Birthday Baby Girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment