This weekend kicked off Peyton's very 1st football season. Peyton was technically around, just in utero, during last football season. She even went to the National Championship game! Football season is basically our favorite season here in the Roche household. It's a big deal. Especially when you are the reigning National Champs! I am most excited about spending this time of the year with Peyton, dressing her up in adorable garnet and gold outfits and teaching her how to cheer on the Noles! I can't wait to take Peyton to her first game in Doak Campbell Stadium, but that probably won't be until next year.
Last night, FSU played Oklahoma State at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Surprisingly, it was a pretty close game, but luckily the Noles pulled out a win 37-31. The win was exciting, but I'm not going to lie, my favorite part was getting Peyton all dressed up for the game. Does that make me a boring old lady? Oh well. Mommy problems.
Peyton and I just watched the game at home with Grandma DeeDee and Auntie Erika. I didn't want to mess up Peyton's bedtime routine since the game was starting so late. Therefore, the girls opted to stay home and play with Miss P while watching the game and the boys went to Ale House. My how our Gamedays sure have changed over the years. Don't worry, I enjoyed a few pumpkin beers for good measure. Some things will never change.
Peyton loved watching the game...yes, we broke the rules and let her watch the TV...but FSU games are an exception. We even taught her how to do the Chop! That game was a little too close for comfort, but thankfully we managed to squeeze out a win. I'm so excited that college football is finally back! Yesterday was wonderful and I can already feel the glorious goodness of fall in the air.
Thank you to mommy's Phi Mu little sister, Elisa, for our adorable Gameday outfit!
Peyton's new friend, Cimarron.
Daddy's little girl loves the Seminoles too!
Peyton's says, "turn me around, I want to watch my Noles play!"
Happy Football Season and Go Noles!
No comments:
Post a Comment