Friday, August 15, 2014

Peyton Brooke {Two Months}

Peyton turned two months old on Wednesday, August 13th. She is growing so fast, I can hardly stand it. I most enjoy watching her little personality develop, she is so animated all the time! She might look a lot like Daddy, but when it comes to her personality, she is Mommy's little mini-me :) I love it.

I already wrote about some of Peyton's month two progress in my 6 week post. Here is what else we have been up to this past month...


Weight/Length: As of our doctor's appointment on August 13th, Peyton weighed 11 pounds 6.5 ounces and measured 24 inches long. She finally reached the same size Jared was at birth!

Hair: Peyton lost majority of her hair from birth and some new hair grew in, which I thought was going to be blonde, but it is still a very light brown. In some lighting, it almost looks more like a dirty blonde, but it's basically a light shade of brown.

Eyes: Her eyes are still a blue-gray, but they seem to be a little lighter and more gray than blue like they were at birth.

Diapers: We decided to try out the Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive last month and they have been amazing. Not a single diaper rash since we started using them! I've also noticed that Peyton tolerates a wet diaper a lot better with these diapers as well. With the regular Swaddlers, she would cry the instant she wet the diaper. Now, she can go much longer in a wet diaper before getting upset. She is still in Size 1 diapers, but they are pretty snug when that belly is full :) I will say that this child goes to the bathroom on a pretty regular schedule which is awesome. Sometimes during the day there are a few extra diaper changes, but at night it's always the same. After every feeding, she typically poops once and then pees twice. This is super helpful at night because after she eats and does her three diaper changes, I know she is good to be put down for the rest of the night.

Clothing: She is strictly in 3 month and 3-6 month clothing now. I had to pack up all of her 0-3 month clothes and it was so sad. My little girl is growing so fast! She is most comfortable in onesies, but she also wears some rompers and little dresses with onesies attached. She doesn't wear anything that is two pieces. This girl is too active and wiggly. I would have to spend all day fixing her clothes, pulling the dress or shirt down and ain't nobody got time for that. So one-pieces it is. We finally got her to start wearing sleepers (aka: footed pajamas) like normal infants her age. She likes them because even though her feet are covered, our house is freezing at night and she doesn't sleep with anything else covering her so she still stays plenty cool, and she can move her legs freely. Plus, she just looks so darn adorable in those little sleepers. I love them.

Favorite Things: Soothie pacifiers and WubbaNubs are still a must have. I literally carry two or three of them with me at all times. I can leave her on her play mat for 30+ minutes at a time. She just lays there entertaining herself, playing and kicking around. I could sit and watch her play for hours. The headrest mirror in the car is the greatest invention ever. If we get in the car and she is being fussy, I just turn the mirror on (it plays music and has lights) and she is entranced for the entire car ride. She likes to just lounge in the Boppy and look around, which typically leads to her falling asleep. She loves listening to Disney music on my phone especially when I sing along. She does a lot of giggling when I sing...not sure if she is laughing with me or at me. Based what I know to be the quality of my singing voice, I'm going to go with the later :)

Likes: Mommy singing Disney songs to her, WubbaNub pacifiers, her play mat, listening to music, staring at light fixtures and ceiling fans, being talked to and watching faces, Daddy holding her up so she can stand on his legs, holding on to anything she can get her hands on, trying to imitate the noises Daddy makes, taking a bath, watching the lights on the headrest mirror in the car, being propped up so she can look around, flailing her arms and legs, and being naked.

Dislikes: Being put into her car seat, being wrapped or confined in any way, anything that covers her arms/legs/hands/feet, being burped, tummy time, being in any position where she can't see what's going on around her (such as on her tummy), being in her swing for too long, getting hot, having a wet diaper, and when she knocks her paci out of her mouth and can't get it back.

Feeding Patterns: She is still solely consuming breast milk, either via breastfeeding or pumped into a bottle. She has been eating every 3.5 hours during the day (breastfeeding at 6:00am, 9:30am, 1:00pm, 4:30pm, and a 6 ounce bottle at 8pm) for the past month, but the doctor wants me to try switching to every 3 hours to get an extra feeding in during the day. She has been perfectly content, peeing and pooping after every feeding and gaining weight just fine. However, she has not continued to gain as much weight as they expected her to based on her large birth weight so they want to see if one additional feeding during the day will push her up into the next weight percentile bracket or if this is just going to be how she gains weight per her body type. I have been comparing her weight progress to mine as a baby and she is growing exactly the same way I did. Meaning that she probably is not going to gain a bunch of weight like they want her to, but that she will probably continue to be a very tall and fairly slender baby just like I was. Just a mommy hunch :)

Sleeping Patterns: Peyton sleeps for 7.5 hours at night! Her night time routine is pretty solid and I am so thankful for that. She eats her 6 ounce bottle, poops, has her bath, pees twice, and then goes down for bed. She is typically asleep by 10:30pm and then I wake her up at 6:00am for her first feeding of the day. She is such a good sleeper that she doesn't even wake up on her own, I have to wake her up in the morning! After her 6:00am feeding, she goes right back to sleep until her next feeding...which I also have to wake her up for. Throughout the rest of the day, she follows the same schedule. Eat, play for about 30 minutes-1 hour and then takes a nap until I wake her up for her next feeding. She never wakes up on her own to eat, I have to wake her up or else she will sleep for hours without eating. I have to wake her up and make her eat so that she gets enough calories during the day, and that way I don't have to mess with her night time sleep schedule. I love that Peyton is such a good sleeper, what a blessing!


Month Two Milestones: Peyton is growing like a weed and learning more everyday! She has discovered her feet, how to aim at and kick things that are hanging, how to push up onto her knees when she is on her tummy, and how to suck on her thumb (or entire fist). She coos, smiles and makes so many different facial expressions. She had her first set of vaccines (1 oral and 3 shots) at the pediatrician and she was such a trooper. She has been doing so much drooling recently as well, which the pediatrician told me means that she is learning textures and how to bring things to her mouth. It also means that we go through a lot of bibs and burp cloths daily. This month she also had her first overnight, out of state trip to Tennessee.

We went on our first power walk around the neighborhood. 

Peyton met a new friend from our church small group. Lorelei is only 6 weeks younger than Peyton!

I finally got brave enough to take Peyton grocery shopping with me. 

She learned how to kick hanging objects with accuracy! This is her absolute favorite thing to do. She could lay on her mat all day doing this and love every minute. 

Read about Peyton's first trip to the mountains here

Peyton spent her first night in her crib on August 10th and slept all night without a single interruption. She has been sleeping great in her crib every night since then! 

We finally got this child to let us put her in some real baby jammies!

Mama Thoughts: This little girl is basically a rockstar baby! She is so happy and content all the time. She adapts to every situation so easily and just lets me do whatever I want with her. I basically drag her along with me where ever I want to go and she just goes with the flow. I can take her shopping all day long and she never fusses. She lets anyone hold her and give her the bottle which makes things very convenient for us. Mommy and Daddy have already left her alone with a "babysitter" (family member) for up to 8 hours. I'm pretty proud of us, considering I know people who don't leave their babies for any length of time for the first couple months. Her and I just have the best time together, playing and singing all day. I am truly lucky to be her mommy.  

Happy Two Months little Miss P! We can't wait to see what month three will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment