I've never been a huge fan of Halloween, mostly because I don't like scary things, but I was super excited for Peyton's first Halloween this year. It think it's simply because everything is more fun when you have a kid. Getting to introduce a child to new traditions and first experiences makes everything like new again for yourself as well. I couldn't wait to dress Peyton up in a costume and show her off around the neighborhood, even if she can't eat candy yet or understand what is going on. I had so much fun just watching her take it all in...and documenting every moment of course.
Peyton's first Halloween!
I saw this Hallween costume back in August and I knew that this is what I wanted Peyton to wear for her first Halloween. I was a little black kitty for my first Halloween too, so it was just perfect!
My mom kept my very first Halloween costume all these years so I just had to dress Peyton up in it for a photo. I love that my mom thought to keep these special outfits for such an occasion. This was so much fun for me. Thanks mom :)
Halloween 1987 to Halloween 2014
All ready to Trick-or-Treat!
Grandma DeeDee joined us for the occasion too!
We've been going Trick-or-Treating with the Bush family since Jackson was a baby and now he is six years old! We just had to continue the tradition now that we have our own kid too!
Peyton could have cared less about the Trick-or-Treating, she wanted to be held by auntie and suck on her WubbaNub instead. I still had a great time enjoying this holiday with my baby girl. I'm discovering that every holiday is so much more fun as a parent. I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween. Now, it's time to start thinking about what I want to dress Peyton up as next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment