Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Peyton's 1st Disney Trip

I love Disney. Probably more so than is really appropriate for any 27 year old adult to love Disney. We used to go to Disney World all the time when I was a kid, we even had annual passes back before they cost a small fortune. Jared proposed to me at Disney, it's just my favorite place ever. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before I would be itching to take Peyton to Disney. In fact, the minute I found out that she was a girl, I was already planning out our future Disney trips in my head. "Who would be her favorite princess? What was she going to wear? I better start looking for monogrammed outfits now." There have been so many exciting "firsts" for Peyton this year, but I have to say that taking her to Disney was the most anticipated and exciting one of all, for me at least.  

Back before I actually had a kid, I always said that I wouldn't take my kid to Disney until they were old enough to "appreciate" it. Yeah right. I should have known that was a never going to happen. Then I had a kid, and if it were up to me we would have gone to Disney straight from the hospital. Ok, not really. But basically ever since Peyton arrived, I've been dying to take her even though I know she won't remember it or even appreciate it at this age. However, I will remember it and my family will remember it, and we will appreciate it forever. In light of some unexpected and tragic events in my family over the years, I've learned that we cannot take a single day or a single occasion for granted. I no longer wait around for the "perfect" time to do something or put off things that I want to experience for a "better" time. There is no "perfect" time for anything. We are not guaranteed a tomorrow and I want Peyton to have as many special experiences as possible with the people who love her. Going to Disney with my parents and grandparents were always such special memories for me as a kid (even the trips I don't remember but have photographs of), and I want Peyton to be able to look back fondly on those memories just the same. So maybe taking a 7 month old to Disney is insane, but I know that the 8 of us adults still had a blast escaping to the Happiest Place on Earth and sharing in these cherished moments with Peyton. She might forget, but we never will.

Peyton and her entourage: Uncle Chris and Aunt Melissa, Auntie Erika, Daddy and Mommy, Grandma DeeDee, Grammy and Papa Jim

We arrived on Saturday (January 31st) afternoon and got all settled into our hotel room. We stayed at a new Disney hotel that I had never been to before, Disney's Art of Animation Resort.

Peyton (and us too!) loved exploring the hotel! It has four different sections all themed after different animated Disney movies (Finding Nemo, Lion King, Cars and Little Mermaid). We stayed in the Finding Nemo area of the hotel, which is closest to the main lobby and has the biggest pool at the resort! I can't wait to come back and stay at this hotel again and actually utilize the pool and other amenities. This hotel is perfect for families with young children. It is so fun and colorful, fully immersed in the art of Disney animation. In fact, all of the "decor" in the Finding Nemo area is designed to scale as if you were the size of Nemo! It's like you are really inside the movie. I was truly amazed by how cool this place is, so I can only imagine what kids must think of it.

That evening, we ventured over to Disney's Boardwalk for dinner. 
  
Peyton loved our Finding Nemo room at the hotel! They spare no detail in decorating these rooms. There were even sharks in the shower! What I loved most about this hotel was the layout of these rooms. They feature family suites which include a private bedroom with bathroom, a living room with a couch that folds out into a bed, a second bathroom (which is amazing if you are traveling with a large family!), an eating area which features a table that folds up and transforms into another bed, and a kitchenette (which included the necessary fridge I needed to store breastmilk). This room can technically sleep 6 adults, but we only had 4 adults and Peyton in here and it was plenty of room. What a great idea! These rooms are perfect for big families, multiple families traveling together, or multi-generational families like ours.

Peyton wanted to sleep with Grandma DeeDee on her Nemo bed, but she had to go in her Pack-n-Play instead. I just love her adorable Disney Princess pajamas for the occasion!

Sunday morning (February 1st), we were up early and ready to take on the Magic Kingdom! Of course, Peyton had a special outfit for the occasion!

I'm so glad that Jared and I were able to have both of our families there for this special moment!

Our first trip to Disney as a family of three!

Disney + my baby girl = happiest mommy in the entire world

Waiting for the parade to start!

Disney is exhausting! I'm so proud of how well Peyton did. She was in the park with us for about 8 hours and she was awesome. She took one solid nap (which gave us times to go do some of the big kid rides) and she was in a great mood the rest of the time. She absolutely loved being at Magic Kingdom! I knew she would, it's genetic :)

On It's a Small World, her first ride ever! 

The last time we were here was two years ago when we were just beginning fertility treatments and we needed to get away from all the stress and sadness that came along with that process. I'm was so overjoyed to finally be back and getting to share my love for Disney with our greatest blessing ever!

Mommy is a slacker and forgot to bring my child a hat. You're going to Disney World, to be outside in the sun all day and you don't bring the 7 month old a hat. Mommy fail. So I got to buy this super tacky, touristy looking Mickey hat in the park for her to wear. Luckily, this child can basically make anything look adorable so I'd say she did a pretty good job of rocking it :)

Peyton really enjoyed the outside rides the most. She loved Dumbo!

We love Dumbo! Even if Peyton's lack of a smile indicates otherwise.  

Her favorite ride of the day, Cinderella's Carousel! 

She loved every minute of this carousel ride. I think she could have stayed on it all day. In fact, she even got a little upset when we had to leave the carousel.

We had so much fun just watching her enjoy this experience! That was my favorite part of this whole trip, watching Peyton's reaction to all of the wonderful things that I already love so much about Disney. She was truly in awe and it made me so happy to see her so excited. 

Don't worry Peyton, this is only the first of many, many times that mommy and Grandma DeeDee will probably be bringing you to Disney World!

Another day, another outfit...and matching monogrammed bib of course :) 

A family friend of ours owns an embroidery business and made all of these adorable onesies and bibs for Peyton. I found the design ideas that I liked and sent them to her, and I could not be more excited about how adorable everything turned out. They were truly perfect for Peyton's first trip!

On Monday (February 2nd), we stopped by Downtown Disney for some shopping and lunch before heading back home.

Aunt Laura even drove up to meet us for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe! Peyton loved being at the Rainforest. She was so entertained by all the animals and fish tanks around the restaurant.

Of course we had to stop by mommy's favorite store, World of Disney, for some shopping and to check out the princesses!

I promise that next trip mommy will brave the long lines and/or spend the Fastpasses on meeting the real live princesses in the park.

I collect Christmas ornaments from places we travel to, so of course I couldn't resist a special personalized one to commemorate Peyton's first visit.

Peyton had so much fun on her very first visit to Walt Disney World and she's already excited to go back again soon! Thank you to my wonderful family for making this such a special trip for Peyton, I will truly treasure these memories we shared together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment