My mother-in-law has started this birthday crown tradition, in which everyone has to wear this ridiculously awesome crown on their birthday and then pass it on to the next person in the family with a birthday coming up. On Saturday night, we all went out to the bar and at midnight it was time for me to put my crown on. All these girls kept coming up to me all excited and saying, "Is it your 21st birthday?" When I responded with, "No, it's my 24th birthday", I got the same reaction every time. Their smiling face went to a look of disappointment, there was an awkward pause, then an "oh", and then they would walk away. After this happened like 5 times within a half hour, I was feeling really old. However, I did not let this impose on my good time.
I definitely had a great time celebrating my birthday in Tallahassee, but it was nice to come back to the land of adults where I get to feel young again :)
I never thought that I would get to celebrate my birthday at a tailgate and football game, being that I was born in April. However, thanks to the FSU Spring Game falling on my birthday weekend this year, I got to do just that.
We started Saturday off with a tailgate at Kappa Sigma...obviously. It was nice to be back in tailgating mode, especially in the spring weather, rather than the September heat wave. This was the beginning of my harsh realization that I am officially old. Aside from the old alumni guys that were there, I could only recognize some of the senior active brothers who I last remember as being pledges...depressing. Since we didn't really know any of the active brothers or care to impress anyone for that matter, there was no need to stand around looking pretty. So Erika and I ran around the yard playing football, and we rocked...better start polishing our Heisman.
Finally, it was time to walk to the stadium for the game. So we set off down the "rape trail" from Heritage Grove...it was like walking down memory lane :)
The actual football game was really not that exciting...I mean seriously, we were playing against ourselves. I will say that it was so nice to be back in Doak with that Seminole football atmosphere all around us.
After the game, it was time for my birthday dinner! We went to El Jalisco for Mexican and margaritas, yum :) As much as I pleaded with everyone at the table to not have them come sing to me, they just would not let me off the hook. So at the end of the meal, here came my singing Mexicans and my tequila shot...gross. The sole reason that I drink frozen margaritas instead of on the rocks is because I do not like the taste of tequila. However, I took my shot like a champ and then we were really in birthday celebration mode!
After dinner, we changed clothes and headed out to the bars for some more celebration. We spent the rest of the evening at Ken's, of course. Whoever thought it was a good idea for Ken's to start serving liquor is retarded. I just drank beer the whole night because I was not going to go down that road, but people kept buying me shots because it was my birthday...nice gesture, but no thanks.
At midnight, it was time for the birthday crown and Christina brought me a birthday shot. It was clear and when I asked her what it was, she simply said "water"...so then I asked her, "well if it's only water, then why did they give me a lime?" She smiled and I made this face because I hate tequila....
Later on, some genius requested Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" on the jukebox and it pretty much made my night. Apparently, all the frat boys who are regulars at Ken's are secretly Celine Dion fans because literally everyone in the bar was belting out this song. It was hilarious and priceless.
The night continued with more ridiculous fun and photos...
All of a sudden, the FSU Offensive Line decided to show up and party with us...
Overall, I had a great birthday and I could not be a happier 24 year old :) Thanks for all the birthday wishes and celebration in my honor!
Luckily, the fun doesn't stop there! My birthday gift from Jared is a beach weekend at One Ocean Resort in Atlantic Beach, and we are going there today! So now I am off to enjoy birthday weekend #2...
Happy Earth Day and Good Friday!


No comments:
Post a Comment