Friday, August 9, 2013

Biloxi

Last weekend, we drove to Biloxi, Mississippi for a family friend's wedding. We had an amazing time visiting with life-long friends while celebrating Stephen and Lauren! 


Things I learned while in Biloxi...

1. I-10 is officially that most boring road to travel ever. I already knew this thanks to driving the 3 hour Jacksonville-Tallahassee leg of it during college regularly. However, in case you were wondering, it still doesn't get anymore exciting once you get west of Tallahassee either. You literally drive straight on I-10 for 7 hours west of Jacksonville and poof, you are in Biloxi. 

2. Southern Mississippi is hotter than Florida. I've only been to Mississippi two other times in my life and those were to visit Oxford, MS while my brother was attending Ole Miss for college. However, Biloxi in August. Oh my. 

3. If you just stand really close to the tables in the casino while someone you know is gambling and you pretend like you are gambling too, the cocktail waitress will still bring you free drinks all night. I gambled in the casino for a total of probably 20 minutes the entire time we were there. The rest of the time I just stood next to my mom or Jared at the roulette table, pretended to be "helping" them place bets and collected my free beverages. Haha, I'm such a rebel.

4. My brother can rap every lyric to "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix A Lot. And he did. On the microphone. At the wedding reception. And I'm pretty sure that no one on Stephen's side of the wedding was even remotely shocked by this. That is what happens when you invite the Adams clan to your wedding :)   

 Welcome to Biloxi!

 Post-Rehearsal dinner adventures at the local bar

 Family photo

We stayed at the Beau Rivage Hotel & Casino on the waterfront. The only other time I have ever been in a casino was at Atlantis in the Bahamas when I was in 8th grade. Obviously, I wasn't gambling or drinking then, so this was my first real casino experience! 
 
 Before the wedding. 
I know my brother and Jared love it when I make them pose for photos in the hotel lobby. 

 We had to get one more wear out of our bright summer colors and seersucker before Labor Day!

 With my favorite girlies...I stick out like a sore thumb in my florescent dress. Thanks Lilly Pulitzer :)

My Lindsay...can't wait to watch this girl walk down the aisle next May!

No comments:

Post a Comment