Monday, February 17, 2014

Baby Shower #1

This weekend, I had my first of three baby showers. Needless to say, we have a busy few months ahead of us. I realize that 24 weeks is a little early to be having a baby shower, but we had to do it now because of the very special mama-to-be that I was sharing this shower with.

This shower was given by our amazing church small group whom we have grown very close to over the past year. One of the other couples in our group (including one of my pregnancy buddies) is moving to Seattle at the end of this month. Therefore, we had to do her baby shower before they left and since I really wanted her to be at my shower as well, we just decided to have a joint shower!

The mamas-to-be (Ellen and I) with our awesome cake! 

The theme of our baby shower was the Olympics which was a super fun surprise for me because we all know how much I love the Olympics! I loved our adorable Olympics-themed cake complete with a baby girl on top for Jared and I and a baby elephant for Josh and Ellen since they aren't finding out the gender of their baby until delivery.

We were split into teams to compete in the Baby-lympics! What a cute idea! 

I was on Team USA...we ended up winning the Baby-lympics!

 Jared was on Team Mexico...they came in 2nd place.

 Team Greece came in 3rd place.

We competed in games such as diapering a balloon, molding babies out of play-dough, guessing fun facts about Jared, Josh, Ellen and I from childhood...

Chugging from a baby bottle...which is so much more difficult than it actually looks. All the games were really fun and we had such a great time together. 

The dads-to-be with their daddy diaper-changing tool belts.

Thank you to everyone for all our beautiful gifts and an amazing shower! We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you had such a good time! It was super fun to plan too! :-)

    ReplyDelete