Week 23: February 5 - February 11
Week 23 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of a grapefruit this week! At our doctor's appointment this week (23 weeks and 1 day), baby girl weighed 1 pound and 8 ounces. She is doing a lot of moving around these days, especially when I'm sitting on the couch watching the Olympics at night. Maybe she's starting her training early :)
- I have officially hit the 20 pound weight gain mark. Scary. We still have 16 weeks to go, so let's see if I can make it all the way to delivery without exceeding my weight gain goal.
- This week, I started having swelling in my feet and ankles. Ugh. I thought it was originally from doing a lot of walking and standing in stilettos on one recent occasion; however, the swelling lingered all week long. I got a little discouraged, and started thinking that this was going to be my swollen-marshmallow-reality for the remainder of my pregnancy. Luckily, I noticed last night that my feet and ankles were back to normal. Hooray! Dear swelling, please stay away.
- Food preferences: Waffles and milk. Milk and waffles. I honestly think I am going to turn into a waffle. Every morning, I wake up and the first thing that enters my mind is, "mmm, waffles". I can't wait to get out of bed and get my waffle. How insane is that? It literally takes every ounce of will power I have in me to eat something besides waffles for my other meals throughout the day. I am doing a good job eating my fresh fruits and veggies for lunch, snacks and dinner, but when dessert time rolls around every night...you guessed it...waffle.
We got to see baby girl on the ultrasound this week! She was moving around like crazy and I loved getting to see how defined some of her features are now.



No comments:
Post a Comment