Thursday, May 15, 2014

Speer Wedding

One of my childhood best friends, Lindsay, got married this past weekend! I had been anxiously awaiting this weekend for months now, praying that my seamstress would find a way to make that bridesmaid dress fit my 36 week pregnant body and hoping that I wouldn't go into labor early and miss the whole thing. Thankfully, the whole weekend went perfectly and I was so excited to be able to celebrate with my sweet friend.


The wedding festivities began on Friday with a Bridesmaids Luncheon at The University Club of Jacksonville. Lindsay's mom actually had her rehearsal dinner at this venue back when she got married which made it extra special. I had never been to The University Club before this occasion, but it is absolutely beautiful. It is on the 27th floor of a building in downtown Jacksonville, so it has spectacular views of the river and all of downtown. The luncheon was hosted by my mom, Lindsay's aunt and Lindsay's mom's best friend. These ladies did a great job and it turned out to be a lovely event to honor Lindsay and her 12 bridesmaids!

 Lindsay and I at the Bridesmaids Luncheon

Later that day, it was time for the rehearsal at the church and then the Rehearsal Dinner!

The Rehearsal Dinner was under a big tent at Gracie (Lindsay and I's friend since middle school and one the bridesmaids) and her husband's home in their backyard. They have a beautiful backyard, especially fabulous for entertaining. 

We were all up bright and early on Saturday to get ready at Lindsay's parents' house. 

My wedding hair (on the right) from the back. LG and I were hair twins :) This is one of those times when having really long, thick hair comes in handy. All of the bridesmaids also had matching monogrammed rompers (a gift from Lindsay) to get ready in that day! I won't dare show you mine from the front because the belly makes it look hilarious. However, it was so comfy and I am totally bringing it to the hospital with me to wear after my delivery. 

The moment of truth! Three trips to the seamstress and still having alterations done up until less than 48 hours before the wedding...but it fits! I never dreamed that I would be 36 weeks pregnant in a bridesmaids dress, but Lindsay and I have been dear friends for our entire lives and I wouldn't have missed this for anything. 

The wedding ceremony was absolutely beautiful and I was pretty proud of myself for standing through the entire thing. Also for not tripping and rolling down the slanted aisle...or going into labor during it. As you can tell, I had a little bit of anxiety about not messing up this day for Lindsay, but we all survived hooray! My absolute favorite part was my walk down the aisle. I was the first bridesmaid down the aisle in the processional so I had to stand at the head of the aisle for a few minutes waiting for the groomsmen to get into position and for the music to change. Everyone was staring at me for what felt like forever. Super awkward. Majority of the people in attendance (especially on the left side of the church) know me and already knew that I was pregnant. However, getting to watch the reactions of the people on the right side was priceless. As I was standing at the head of the aisle getting ready to go, I guess it wasn't super obvious that I was pregnant. You could only see me from the front, my dress was kind of flowy and my bouquet was basically blocking most of my belly. As I made my way down the aisle, I could see some people's faces go from smiling to rather surprised when they got a view of me from the side. I could even hear a couple people whisper, "oh my goodness, she's pregnant!" as I passed them. I couldn't help but laugh. Yes, I am in fact pregnant and not just a fat bridesmaid. Good thing this comic relief made me a little less stressed about tripping down the aisle. 

   Our very last event as Roche, party of 2!

 My family at the reception - Deerwood Country Club 

The reception was gorgeous, very Cinderella-esque. Everyone had a wonderful time, dancing and celebrating the newlyweds. But no dancing for me at the reception...I was too afraid that me dancing would result in us delivering a baby on the dance floor. Wouldn't that be a fun wedding story? However, I did want to stay until the end to see off the happy couple on their grand exit. I'm not going to lie though, I was so exhausted and super swollen by this point though...just look at how full my face looks in this photo. I guess Peyton and I were just having too much fun celebrating this magical occasion :)

Despite being gigantic and super prego, I had a wonderful weekend celebrating my beautiful friend. I am so overjoyed to have been a part of her big day and blessed that even after 27 years, we still have such a special friendship. I wish Lindsay and David the very best on this new journey in their lives and the most magical happily ever after.  

 Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Speer!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love!!!! You have some great pics from the weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete