Friday, May 9, 2014

The Players Championship

I absolutely love this time of the year here in Jacksonville. The weather is awesome and there are a lot of fun things to look forward to. Happening this weekend is one of my favorite local traditions, when Jacksonville (technically Ponte Vedra Beach) plays host to The Players Championship. I wouldn't really consider myself a golf fan and I don't really ever watch the tournaments on television, but something about watching it live is just so much more exciting. Plus, I love the whole TPC atmosphere. The course at TPC Sawgrass is beautiful and the entire tournament is simply a fun opportunity to wear a fratty outfit, drink, socialize and enjoy being up close to the best golfers in the world. TPC is just a fun experience all around...it's like the epitome of America. During this week each year, everyone in Jacksonville becomes a golf fan.

Yesterday, we spent the day at Round 1 of TPC and even at 36 weeks pregnant I had a good time. We bought passes to the Michelob Ultra Blue Room which included all you can eat food and all you can drink beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages. Plus, they had seating, private bathrooms and air conditioning which was perfect for me in my pregnant state. These passes were definitely well worth the money and I can't wait until we go back next year when I can drink, so I can really get my money's worth :)

 Jared, his sister and I enjoying a beautiful day at TPC 

 Party at the Mich Ultra Blue Room!

 TPC at 36 weeks pregnant...Peyton has already been to quite a few cool sporting events

I just had to sport my Marley Lilly monogrammed hat at the tournament to keep from getting a sunburn/tan lines before the wedding I'm in on Saturday. 

I was very excited to be able to take Erika to her very first TPC

 I hope everyone attending for the rest of the weekend enjoys their time at TPC!

No comments:

Post a Comment