Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vegetable Garden - Day 70

I have really been slacking on updating my blog, so sorry...but have no fear I have new vegetable pictures to share, yippie! Mother's Day weekend, my dearest mommy-in-law came into town and helped Jared do yard work on one of the days she was here. She transplanted all of our vegetable plants into 5-gallon buckets and moved them all out on to our paver patio. At least now the vegetables aren't taking over my screened porch anymore.

We finally acquired enough green beans from our plants to eat some for dinner this week and they were delicious. However, my latest excitement surrounding the vegetable garden is the sprouting of our cucumbers! We noticed that two of them had sprouted this past Sunday and over the course of this week, they have grown so much. I can't wait to eat them because I love cucumbers and once I get enough of them, I am going to make pickles :)

Monday - the first cucumber, so tiny!  

Wednesday - getting bigger! 

Thursday 

Friday

  Saturday (today) - almost ready for picking!

1 comment:

  1. Don't pick the cukes without me!!! Looks awesome! Love from your mommy

    ReplyDelete