Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blog Awards

I am so very honored to have received two blog awards this week, so I figured that I would put them together and do them both in one post to make life easier for all of us.

First, I have received the One Lovely Blog Award from my sorority sister Meghan. For this blog award, I have to give 7 fun facts about myself.

1. I am kind of a redneck at heart. Yes, I love my pearls and Lilly Pulitzer dresses, but I also love camo and hunting. As a kid, my dad taught me how to hunt, fish, build things and just love nature. I can't wait to teach my kids the same things.

2. The best part about going back to school is buying school supplies. I love school supplies. That might be part of the reason why I became a teacher...just kidding...ok, maybe a little :)

3. When I was little, I wanted to live in New York City and be a Radio City Rockette when I grew-up.

4. Now, I can't wait to be a stay at home mom when I "grow-up". I think that raising kids is the most important and rewarding job out there and I am so fortunate that I will hopefully be able to stay at home with my kids one day.

5. I could probably open a small library with the number of books I own. Our entire office is full of my books and I love them. I hate checking out books from the library, and I don't like e-readers. If I want to read a book, I buy it. I hope to one day have a "Beauty and the Beast style" library in my house.

6. I hate school. I love teaching, but I hate being a student. I have absolutely no desire to ever go to school again as a student. So it looks like a Bachelors degree is as good as it's going to get for this girl.

7. I really suck at math. It's seriously terrible. Basic math is ok, but anything beyond that is just not in my brain capacity. And don't even think about throwing fractions in there. If something has a fraction in it, I am instantly filled with fear and won't even look at it. Maybe this is why I don't like to cook? Sounds like a good enough excuse to me.

Second, the Liebster Blog award. I received this award from Kathleen this time. I have received this award before, but I am going to answer Kathleen's questions below anyways.


1. Which store is your all time favorite? It depends on the type of store we are talking about here. I am not super into clothes shopping, I'd much rather spend money doing something for my house. So I guess my favorite store is really Hobby Lobby since I absolutely love being crafty :)

2. If you could change your name, would you? No, I would not. When I was a kid, I used to want to sometimes, but that was before I truly understood the importance of my name. My mom's brother was killed by a drunk driver when he was only 12 years old. His name was Jack, but so was her dad so they all called her brother "Jackie" as a nickname. I was named after him.

3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I would like to say that I would love to live somewhere really cool like Italy or something, but honestly I only like to visit those places. When it comes to actually living somewhere long-term, I would only like to live in either Florida or Georgia. I love the South and I hate cold weather.

4. What is your favorite nail polish color? I love really bright pink nail polish, but I like to try different colors too. Either way, Essie nail polish is my absolute favorite. If Essie makes the color, then I will probably love it.

5. If you could trade lives with another blogger, who would it be? Although I love reading about my blogger friends adventures, I can't say that I would want to trade lives with any of them. I love my life and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Since I have received the Liebster Blog award before and I have already passed it on to my blogging friends previously, I am only going to pass on the One Lovely Blog Award.

So, now for the rules of this One Lovely Blog Award nomination:

1. Link back to the blogger that nominated you.
2. Paste the award image anywhere on your blog.
3. Tell us 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers you like for the award!
5. Post a comment on your nominees’ blogs telling them of their nomination!

Here are the lovely ladies that I am nominating for this award, be sure to check out their blogs!

Jamie @ This Kind of Love
Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition
Kim @ Pink, Pearls and Polka Dots
Meg @ Sweetly Complicated
Megan @ Mackey Madness
Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk
Michelle @ The Vintage Apple
CMae @ My Oh My
Britt @ The Magnolia Pair
Kathleen @ Places I Will Go
Ashley @ Adventures of Newlyweds
Heather @ Blonde...Undercover Blonde
Lauren @ From My Grey Desk
April @ Southern Bug
Neely @ A Complete Waste of Makeup

Happy Blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tag girl!

    Loved learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete