Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bumpdate {4 Weeks}

Presenting Baby Roche's first ever "bumpdate" blog post! Yay! I apologize if you aren't nearly as excited about these as I am. Even though I don't have anything that even remotely resembles a baby bump yet, I still wanted to document from the very beginning. I want to have a point of comparison for once the bump finally does start to emerge. I am really excited and anxiously anticipating my baby bump right now, but I need to remember to enjoy wearing my regular clothes for the time being because a few months from now, I'm sure I'll be longing for my flat stomach again. Tomorrow technically starts week 9, but for now we need to catch up on weeks 4-8!

Week 4: September 25 - October 1


The very first thing I did on the day we found out we were pregnant (after calling friends and family of course) was take my first bump picture! On that day, September 30th, I was technically already 4 weeks and 5 days.

After that, we went to celebrate our good news with friends. Jared and I received a nice bottle of scotch as a wedding present when we got married four and a half years ago. Jared has been saving this bottle unopened for the day that we found out we were pregnant. That night, we went over to our friend's house to open this special bottle and celebrate.


I was really glad that Jared got to share this special moment with his fraternity brothers. Our friends have been a huge support to us over the past year and half throughout this whole fertility journey. We are so thankful for them and I can't imagine how difficult all of this would have been without them. We are so blessed.


Week 4 Milestones:

- We had blood tests on September 30th and October 2nd to confirm our pregnancy. After taking around 18 negative pregnancy tests, I kept thinking that even though I did have a blood test, I still wanted to do the pee stick test. Just to have the satisfaction of seeing "pregnant" on the pee stick. However, when the time arrived I realized that I just didn't need to do that. Even though every single one of those negative tests was like a knife to the heart, they made me stronger and more resilient. I decided that I didn't need it, so I didn't do it.

- I received my first "mommy" gifts from friends. All books, which I have still yet to read...oops. I did look through "What to Expect" a little bit, and I promise I will read them all in the future :)

- My sense of smell became out of control. This was the very first pregnancy symptom I noticed. I could literally smell the craziest things that no one else could smell.

- I developed a strong dislike for mango. I have always loved mango. I've been putting it in my smoothie everyday for the past few months. All of a sudden, I hated it. The smell made me wince and the taste made me want to vomit. I had to get rid of all the mango in my house, I couldn't have it anywhere near me. Even now, I swear I can smell a mango a mile away and I hate it. Pregnancy is so weird.

- No morning sickness or any other noticeable pregnancy symptoms at that time.

The happy parents on the day we found out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment