Thursday, October 31, 2013

Goodbye October

October is over already? Woah, that was fast. Not that I'm complaining because that means that the holiday season is just around the corner! Sorry for not writing the obligatory Halloween post today, but I'm not really a huge fan of Halloween. It's probably one of my least favorite holidays. I'm assuming that once I have my own children, I'll be much more into Halloween. Honestly, I just don't like scary things and I refuse to put Halloween decorations on my house. "Fall" decorations like pumpkins and cute scarecrows are fine, but I am not putting spider webs, tombstones and bones in my front yard. That's just ugly and making my house look gross is not "fun" to me.

Every year for Halloween, we go over to our friends' house to watch their son trick-or-treat and hang out with them. This is a win win situation for me because I get to watch the cute kids trick-or-treat and not have to hand out candy at my own house. I wonder what we will do next year for baby's first Halloween?

On the first day of October, I wrote a post about all the things I wanted to do this month. Here we are on the last day of October and guess what, I didn't do any of them. Once again, football and other obligations got in the way of my fall-festive activities. I never made it to a single corn maze, pumpkin patch or fall festival. Heck, we don't even have a pumpkin this year, like not even one from the grocery store. I'm such a slacker. At this point, I've given up on fall decorations, maybe I should just chock it up as a loss and move right on to Christmas :)

The month of October did bring some excitement to the Roche household! Our Seminoles are currently ranked #3 in the nation (should be #2, move over stupid Oregon) with a 7-0 record. Dear Lord, please let us beat Miami on Saturday. Please. We got to celebrate some birthdays and baby showers with friends and family. Most importantly, we got to announce our own pregnancy! I was literally dying inside for weeks trying to keep it a secret. I can't wait to start celebrating the holiday season and shopping for baby! I feel like this unborn kid is probably going to get more Christmas presents than I am and he/she isn't even here yet. It is sure to be a wonderful holiday season...especially if my Noles keep winning :)

Even though I am sort of boycotting Halloween on the blog this year, it is Thursday after all and I just can't resist posting a Throwback Thursday Halloween photo anyways. This one is from the first Halloween Jared and I spent together. Kappa Sigma Halloween Crush, circa 2006...
Here's to a great November and Go Noles!

2 comments:

  1. We are on the same page...I wish everyone would just skip over Halloween and move straight to Thanksgiving/Christmas. Maybe next weekend I'll put up my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the whole lets just move to Christmas thing! I already have like 10 Christmas related posts ready to go!

    ReplyDelete