Week 5: October 2 - October 8
We got to experience so many exciting "firsts" during week 5, it was a great week!
Jared got to finish off the celebratory bottle of scotch with some more of his fraternity brothers.
The McGuires came in town to stay with us for the weekend, so the boys got to enjoy some cigars and scotch while Christina and I talked all things baby.
Saturday morning, baby got to take his/her first road trip to Tallahassee for the FSU vs. Maryland game! Baby also got to tailgate for the first time! Mommy had to whip up some "mock cocks" at the tailgate while everyone else was enjoying their alcoholic beverages. Thank you former Phi Mu house mom, Pamela, for teaching me the art of the "mock cock" when I was in college. I knew this would come in handy one day.
Baby's very first FSU home game in Doak Campbell Stadium!
Week 5 Milestones:
- This week was all about all things FSU: baby's first tailgate, first FSU home game, and first gifts!
- Pregnancy does some crazy stuff to your body, things that they don't always warn you about on the list of "normal" pregnancy symptoms. Early on in pregnancy, your hormones and growing uterus can wreak havoc on your bowels. Why did no one tell me about this? Low and behold, my uterus decided that an opportune time to mess with my digestive system was during the FSU game. Ugh. I literally had to leave the game every 15 minutes to either get food or water, or to go to the bathroom. It was exhausting.
- We had a little scare late in week five (5 weeks and 5 days exactly) with some bleeding. Luckily, it was totally normal and simply caused by the embryo finishing it's burrow into the wall of the uterus. Oh course, when this happened I totally freaked out. I called my IVF nurse right away in a state of panic and because she is so awesome, she got me in to see my fertility doctor right away. Their office is wonderful. Everything turned out to be fine, and this faux-scare did end up giving me my first ultrasound which I was super excited about. At this point, you can't see the actual baby yet, but you can see the pregnancy sac which is forming around the embryo and let's us know that there actually is a growing baby in there somewhere.
Baby Roche's first ultrasound!

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment