Casey and I met on the front lawn of Phi Mu on Bid Day back in 2005. Both of us came to FSU not really knowing anyone, and from the moment I heard her start talking I knew we were probably going to be friends. Being from Dixie County, Casey had a deep southern twang and a small-town conservative way about her. I could tell she was my kind of people and we instantly bonded. Plus, when she really got to talking, her super southern-speak would come out and most of the other girls in our pledge class couldn't understand what the heck she was talking about. Since my dad is originally from South Georgia, I grew up around all those little southern-isms so I always understood her completely. For the past 9 years, our bond of friendship and sisterhood has been ever growing. We started as strangers, a little recruitment fate made us sisters, and now we have become life-long friends.
In honor of our "meet cute" and our notorious tendency to do everything together in college, we decided that it would be funny to take maternity photos together in our Bid Day t-shirts. I'm sure that no one in Phi Mu ever intended for Bid Day shirts to be worn over baby bumps, but leave it to us to do something this ridiculous.
Sisters, best friends, and now mommies!
Casey at 35 weeks and me at almost 28 weeks
We sure have come a long way since Bid Day 2005
This diaper cake was my pride and joy of the shower. Many hours of labor and 160 diapers later, this masterpiece emerged. I actually had a lot of fun making this diaper cake, so much in fact that I took pictures along the way of how I made it. The blogger in me couldn't resist the opportunity for a tutorial blog post (read here!) on how to make a diaper cake.
I made this banner as well, which was fun and super easy...much less time consuming than the diaper cake. It is being featured in a how to tutorial here on the blog. (Read the post here!)
Casey and her shower hostesses
The proud soon-to-be parents!
Casey with my family
It's getting a little difficult for us to pose in pictures together because our bellies get in the way.
Congratulations Casey and Tom! We can't wait to meet little dude!


No comments:
Post a Comment