Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I've decided that God gave us a chilly, rainy St. Patrick's Day today just for me. Since I am almost 29 weeks pregnant, I will not be able to participate in the splendid festivities of my favorite holiday this year. Typically, Jared and I go to the Irish pub down the road from our house for their outdoor block party every year. Obviously, we won't be going this year because there is no way that I want to sit under a tent in the cold rain and not even be able to drink. Pass. So maybe it's the fact that it's a Monday, or that the weather is yucky or the fact that I am currently a blissfully happy pregnant lady, but I am not the least bit upset about doing absolutely nothing for St. Patrick's Day this year. If anything, I might get myself a Reuben to-go from the pub, make a mock cocktail (maybe even bust out the food coloring and dye it green), and enjoy it all from the comfort of my living room couch. For now, I'm just looking forward to next year when I can parade Peyton around in a cute little green outfit, while of course enjoying a green beer.

More importantly, today marks the 8 year anniversary of the day that Jared and I met. You can read our story here. I wonder how I will ever tell Peyton the story of how her dad and I met...skipping class, sweet talking our way into a 21+ bar when we were only 19...not one of my finer moments, but looking back I'm sure glad I did it.

Rain or shine, I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe St. Patrick's Day today! Sláinte!

The day we met, St. Patrick's Day 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment