Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bumpdate {29 Weeks}

Well folks, we are about to embark on the final quarter of this pregnancy. Can you believe it? She will be here before we know it. Peyton and I had a super busy, but fun week including a very special baby shower in our honor!

Week 29: March 19 - March 25

Week 29 Milestones:

- Baby is the size of an acorn squash this week! At our ultrasound on Friday (29 weeks, 2 days), baby girl weighed in at 3 pounds 10 ounces.

- My total weight gain thus far is now 27.8 pounds. This little belly of mine is getting quite large and I am thinking that it might be time to go bra shopping again. Ugh.

- Peyton must be getting a little cramped on space in there because I can feel all kinds of crazy movement all the time now. I have finally felt her hiccuping recently. It's only happened twice, but I had never felt it before. It feels so weird because I'm used to feeling sporadic movements, but the hiccups are in such an evenly spaced rhythm. In addition to the hiccups, I can also feel her moving different parts of her body all at the same time. Previously, I would feel one kick at a time in one specific spot. Now, I sometimes feel kicks going on simultaneously on complete opposite sides of my belly. Definitely a strange feeling. You can also see my belly moving on the outside from clear across the room. We've got lots of action going on.

- Good thing we purchase toilet paper in bulk from Costco because I am going through it like nobody's business. Sometimes I think she is literally laying on my bladder because I will go to the bathroom and then like two minutes later have to go again. It probably doesn't help that I'm trying really hard to stay well hydrated so I'm drinking an insane amount of water constantly. I should just set up a little nest for myself in our bathroom and live in there.

- My feet are like sausages. Not just my ankles now...my calves, ankles, and feet have all become giant swollen sausages. It's attractive. Mind you, I have been doing a lot of standing and moving around this week and not a lot of sitting or relaxing. I know, bad prego. I also hate putting my feet up because I find it so uncomfortable. However, I have my feet elevated as we speak because Jared is making me.

- I got my RhoGam injection at the doctor this week. And yes, when the nurse said "RhoGam", I immediately thought of Panhellenic Recruitment. However, in this case RhoGam refers to an injection that I am required to have during my pregnancy due to the fact that my blood type is O negative. Rather than make myself sound like an idiot trying to play doctor and explain why this injection is necessary for me, I'll leave the explanation up to the good 'ole internet in case you are interested. Click here.

- Jared and I went on a tour of the hospital where we will be delivering! I found this particularly fun and exciting because we will be delivering in the same hospital where I was born. I really enjoyed getting to tour the entire labor and delivery facility so that I now know where to go and what to do when that special time finally arrives. It's comforting to know what to expect as far as logistics, since I will probably be a nervous wreck about everything else that day. Now, let's all just pray that I don't go into labor during the morning rush hour traffic since our hospital is located in downtown Jacksonville, or I might be delivering this baby in the back of the Traverse.

- I was so excited because our glider and ottoman set for the nursery was delivered this week. We ordered it back at the beginning of January and we have been anxiously awaiting its arrival until now. Jared opened the box to unpack it for me and I immediately realized that the one they sent us is the wrong flippin color. I literally wanted to cry. I have been waiting for 3 months for this stupid thing and I just want to get my nursery put together, but I can't because I'm still waiting for some of the furniture pieces. Then I finally get a major piece and I have to send it back. Grrr. This is so frustrating. Luckily, the company is super rushing me a new one (as they should) that is supposed to be here in about 2-3 weeks. So the waiting game continues.

- Food preferences: Nothing new in this department. Anyone want to bring me a coke icee?

We had an ultrasound on Friday that confirmed that she is now in fact head down and face down. Hence the reason I keep getting kicked in the ribs. I'm glad that she has already positioned herself correctly so now I don't have to worry about her turning in time for delivery.
Baby's face looking up at us on the ultrasound. You can actually see how full and chubby her cheeks are already! Looks like she's starting to get a little tight on space in there too.

We got to celebrate "Aunt" Lindsay at her bridal shower on Saturday!

Peyton and I were honored with a ballerina baby shower on Sunday. Read my post about it here

1 comment:

  1. So although I am not yet pregnant, I remember reading somewhere that after you pee, you should lift your belly (or try to, I guess - to get the baby off of your bladder) and try to pee again. Then again, I haven't been pregnant, so I'm not sure how accurate or helpful that is.

    ReplyDelete