Week 26: February 26 - March 4
Week 26 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of a head of lettuce this week and she weighs a little over 2 pounds! Up until now her eyes have been fused shut, but this week she opened them for the first time. She can also detect light and dark and may react to bring lights near my belly. She moves around a lot. I feel her moving as soon as I wake up in the morning, all throughout the day, and as I am falling asleep at night. Her movement doesn't keep me form falling asleep or wake me in the middle of the night though, which is good; she is pretty gentle with her kicking/rolling/dancing. I love being able to watch my belly move from the outside, it looks so cool.
- Total weight gain thus far is 24 pounds. The evil swollen ankles have returned once again. Boo. This might have something to do with the fact that I have been on my feet all day everyday recently. I've been doing a lot of crafting lately, getting decorations ready for my bestie's baby shower this weekend! Let's just say that my trips to the craft store usually turn into me wandering around for like 4 hours, and once I'm at home crafting I don't like to sit down while doing my projects. I just like to work standing up. Hence, the swollen ankles. Plus, whenever I do try to prop my feet up, my restless leg syndrome kicks in and I can't stand having my feet/legs in one position for too long.
- Other than my swollen ankles and a little difficulty getting comfortable when I'm sleeping, I feel great! Just enjoying my pregnancy and trying to savor every moment :)
- Food preferences: Nothing has changed. I just want to live off of waffles and coke icees forever. Yet, I refrain and force myself to eat mostly healthy with the occasional coke icee cheat when I feel like rewarding myself.
Thanks to my hubby for hanging Peyton's beautiful curtains and to my mommy for steaming all the wrinkles out of them and making them hang flat and pretty. These curtains are from Pottery Barn Kids. The floor lamp pictured here and all of our light fixtures for the nursery are from Jubilee Collection.



No comments:
Post a Comment