Peyton celebrated her first 4th of July this past Friday, as well as turning 3 weeks old! We took her over to our friends' house for her first cookout, which did not go as well as I planned, but we still managed to have a good time. She was doing great at first, sleeping and letting us pass her around so everyone could hold her. Then, it was time for me to feed her. As I was burping her after she nursed, she turned her head toward the middle of my chest and spit up
a lot all in between my boobs and into my bra. The spit up got all over her face and hands, which made her freak out, and I was covered in it as well. Great. This child hardly ever spits up, but of course the one time I'm not at home and I want her and I to look nice, she spits up
everywhere. After that incident, she was super fussy and just could not be soothed. After Jared and I took turns trying to soothe her, she finally exhausted herself into falling asleep...and then the fireworks started outside and we were back to square one. Eventually, I was able to calm her down enough to get her back to sleep. After that, she managed to sleep through the rest of the fireworks and mommy was able to go outside to enjoy some fireworks and a few well deserved beers.
I also realized at this occasion that I am officially a mom. Apparently, I now see everything from the "mommy" perspective. Things that I used to find fun and entertaining, I now find dangerous. While the boys were shooting off fireworks, the only thing I could think about was everyone's safety. I have always loved sparklers, but this year I only lit one sparkler and I instantly wanted to put it out as soon as I lit it. I guess being super cautious and protective about everything comes with my new mommy territory. Welcome to the new me.
Our first 4th of July as a family of three!
Mommy couldn't resist taking a patriotic photo of Peyton for the occasion. PBR loves America :)
Peyton and mommy all dressed up in our red, white and blue...ready to celebrate! Glad I captured the two of us looking pretty before we left the house, since she spit up all over both of us later that evening.
Cookout at the Bush Family home!
Happy 4th of July from the Roche Family!
No comments:
Post a Comment