I wanted Jared, my mom and whoever else wanted to come to be able to join us for this occasion so we waited until the week of Christmas to do so. Of course, the mall was super crowded but that was just what ended up working out best for us. I'm sure we will plan better for next year. We had to stand in line for two hours and by the time we got to the front of the line it was almost time for Peyton to eat, she had a wet diaper and she was sleepy. Well you better believe that I wasn't about to get out of line to take care of any of that so I just had to cross my fingers and hope that she could deal with it. I figured that I had no idea how she was going to react to Santa anyways so I wasn't really counting on getting a great picture in the first place.
She's not real sure about what the heck is going on and hardly in the mood to have her picture taken.
However, when my mom placed Peyton on Santa's lap, she was instantly mesmerized. She loved him. She perked right up and was as happy as could be. I was pleasantly surprised.
The photographer's assistant was a rock star. I have no idea how she managed to get Peyton so smiley and happy for the picture, but she did a great job.
This literally melts my heart. How sweet. What can I say, Peyton's got a thing for dudes with beards. I guess I have to thank Jared and his beard for helping Peyton not be afraid of Santa...darn it.
Peyton and mommy. Same dress, same shoes. Christmas 1987 to Christmas 2014


.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment