I think that my favorite thing about looking back through all of these photos is watching how much my body changed throughout the year. Growing a human being inside of you is basically the coolest phenomenon ever. I think I will celebrate by actually being able to enjoy a real glass of champagne on New Year's this year, hooray!
January saw the start of a new year, a lot of upcoming new additions to our friends' families, and the end of an amazing season for the Noles. Jared and I traveled (at 19 weeks pregnant, what the hell was I thinking) to Pasadena, California to watch our beloved Florida State Seminoles win the National Championship.
February brought on quite a pronounced baby bump for me as little Miss P just kept growing like a weed. Our wonderful church small group also threw a baby shower in our honor.
March was full of showers galore! Babies and weddings, oh my! While I was busy planning and attending a shower every weekend, Jared was busy running the Gate River Run. I was such a proud wife and can't wait to join him this year! Jared and I also planned a little getaway to the beach for our Babymoon.
April saw another wonderful baby shower for me, this one thrown by our college friends. Too much fun for sure. We also celebrated Easter (with me looking like I was hiding the largest Easter egg ever under my dress) and my 27th birthday!
May was the home stretch for my pregnancy, but that didn't slow me down. I braved the heat in honor of my favorite Jacksonville tradition, TPC. We took some beautiful maternity photos, as well as celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary in the place where we got married. I also waddled my way down the aisle in my childhood friend, Lindsay's, wedding.
June brought the birth of our beautiful baby girl. We had a wonderful childbirth, exactly the way I wanted it. I'm still pretty impressed with myself for delivering a 9 pound 15 ounce baby with no epidural or drugs. I guess I'm capable of just about anything now. We are so blessed that Peyton chose us to be her parents and life with her just keeps getting better.
August had us traveling to Tennessee (Peyton's first overnight trip!) for a family friend's wedding. She turned two months old and we celebrated that our sweet friends, The Halls, are going to be having a baby boy!
September kicked off Peyton's first football season and her first trip to the beach! She turned three months old and mommy even left her overnight with Grandma DeeDee for the first time so that her and daddy could go to the FSU vs. Clemson football game.
October celebrated Peyton's first Halloween along with tons of fall festivities...the pumpkin patch, corn mazes, farms, etc. She turned four months old and learned to roll over on her own.
November was a big month for our family! Peyton turned five months old and started eating her first solid foods. We also had another month of baby showers as we celebrated Baby Speer, Harrison, Lorelei, and found out that Baby Bean is going to be a girl. We celebrated our first Thanksgiving as a family of three and bought a new house!
December wrapped up the year with a boat load of holiday traditions and fun with family. Peyton learned to sit up on her own just in time to celebrate her first Christmas in our new home!
We have so many wonderful friends and family who made 2014 such an amazing year for us. Thank you all for being a part of our lives, we are truly blessed to have you alongside us every step of the way. I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring!















No comments:
Post a Comment