Saturday, December 27, 2014

Peyton's 1st Christmas

We celebrated our first Christmas as a family of three in our new house this year. I was so excited that we got to be in our new home for this occasion. We moved in earlier this month and I haven't even unpacked majority of the house. I just wanted the rooms we were going to be using for Christmas morning (so the kitchen and living room) to be unpacked and decorated for Christmas and I figured that the rest of the house can wait until after Christmas. We had a wonderful 1st Christmas morning in our home for Peyton and I'm so glad that we got to share it with both of our families.

I've always wanted a house with stairs that I could decorate for Christmas so that I could take a Christmas morning family photo on them every year. Mission accomplished.

 Excited to see what Santa brought us!

Waking up in our Christmas jammies and going downstairs to open presents!

All those packages under the tree are great, but I've got all I wanted for Christmas this year right here. And she's even got a bow on top too :)

 The princess on her new throne. Thanks Grandma DeeDee! 

 Mommy's side of the family

 Daddy's side of the family

Moo Moo (Jared's grandma, Peyton's great-grandma) came all the way from Colorado to spend Peyton's first Christmas with her.

The princess is ready to open her gifts. I don't think this child got enough presents this year. My goodness! For the record, Jared and I did not buy her a single gift for Christmas this year. All of these gifts are from our other family members. Y'all set the bar pretty high for years to come :) 

 Peyton wanted to help me open her gifts.

Handmade wooden growth chart from Auntie Erika, made by a friend of ours. I'm so in love with this thing and I can't wait to add it to Peyton's bedroom decor. 

 Peyton's first Lilly Pulitzer dress! 

She got so many wonderful toys and she loves them all! I couldn't possibly post all of the photos of Peyton with her presents or else this would be the longest blog post ever. So I'll just spare you a few highlights. 

Her first baby doll, a gift from Grammy. She loves to hold on to her hands or her dress and not let go. Adorable. 

Peyton recently started to love looking at books on her own. She likes to touch the characters and try to turn the pages. She is just so mesmerized by books. I'm sure she will love reading just like me. This one was a gift from Auntie Erika...Frozen, of course :)

 Peyton decided that Auntie Erika had the best wrapping paper...holiday kitties :)

I guess it's getting to that time where we are going to learn to pull up and stand (ah, growing so fast!) so we have a little walker now. She kept trying to touch the lion on the box. Anytime we read a book with a lion she always wants to touch it. She clearly loves lions, just like mommy. 

 Her handmade stocking that took my mom a year to make. Thanks Grandma DeeDee!

 Who cares if we are 27/28 years old? We still wear festive hats on Christmas morning.

 Christmas Day dinner at Grammy and Jim's house

 Another adorable smocked outfit from Southern Tots

Elf on a shelf!

 Peyton and her grandmas. 

Peyton got to meet her Great Auntie Mo for the first time!

We hope that your family had as wonderful of a Christmas as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment