Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Changing Seasons

As you all well know every couple of months the seasons change, which for me equals death. I have seasonal allergies, meaning that every time the weather changes, my entire face/sinus area goes bonkers. So I make my quarterly trip to Walgreen's for allergy medicine, which is an annoying process because the only allergy medicine that works for me is the kind you have to get from behind the counter and sign your life away promising that you aren't going to make meth with it. Seriously, do I look like a meth addict? Especially, when I can only manage to get out 3 words of my sentence at a time because I have to keep pausing and sneezing.

While I am very excited that spring is finally here, it comes with some baggage. In case you haven't noticed, the pollen, and thus my allergies have arrived. To make matters worse, I started getting a head cold last week. I started taking cold medicine early in hopes of preventing the onset of this cold altogether, but it looks as though I failed. So now on top of my allergies, I have a cold as well...yippie. Therefore, I am currently taking a hodgepodge of cold and allergy medication because that seems to be the only effective way I can manage to control my sneezing, coughing and sniffling at once.

Ultimately, I have decided that if I am going to have to go to work sick, then I am going to do nothing but relax and get better when I get home from work. Hence, my plans for this evening: laying on my couch, reading my book and drinking orange juice. Let's keep our fingers crossed that my cold and this pollen begins to subside soon, so that I can go back to being my normal self.

PS - Did I also mention that I currently have a wart on the bottom of my foot and a sunburn in addition to this cold/allergy nonsense? Seriously, am I a hot mess or what?!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh I have awful allergies too. I have yet to find a tissue that doesn't turn my nose in something that rivals Rudolph's. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete