When you are little you keep wishing that you were older, praying for each year to go by faster so that you can be a little older. However, your parents keep telling you to stop wishing that you were older because one day you'll wish that you could start getting younger. I am starting to understand what my mother was talking about; in a few years I would just like to stop aging completely. Maybe I should become a vampire, then I could just stay that age forever.
Even though I am one of the youngest teachers at my school, I feel older and older every day. Majority of my students, who are almost teenagers, were born in 1999. You know what I was doing in 1999...going to N'SYNC concerts, and guess what, my students don't even know what N'SYNC is. One day I told my students that we didn't have cell phones when I was a kid, and their follow up question to my comment was..."did you have electricity?"...little jerks.
Sorry about the tangent, I tend to go off on tangents a lot. However, this blog is supposed to be about Jared, not me. This weekend we celebrated Jared's 25th birthday and it was a wonderful 3-day weekend.
On Friday, we skipped out on happy hour and just got some Chili's To Go. I was starting to feel a cold coming on and I figured that the high quality cuisine of Wild Wing would not help my situation. So we spent the evening on the couch watching movies and enjoying some Chili's and wine.
Saturday morning, Jared and my dad took Sadie to a field trial at SSJ Quail Preserve. I spent the day taking down my Valentine's decor and putting up decorations for spring time and one of my favorite holidays, St. Patrick's Day! I got some new flowers for the yard and now the Roche home looks ready for spring time!
On Saturday evening, we met up with our friends at Outback Crab Shack for a birthday celebration dinner. The restaurant is at Six Mile Marina so they have a really cool dock you can walk out on and really good seafood. Jared, Boden and Bowman split this giant boiled platter of seafood which was about as long as the picnic table we were eating at was wide. So while the destruction of that seafood platter was happening to my left, on my other side Ryan and Judy were demolishing 5 pounds of crawfish, which was equally as graphic. In fact, Judy was trying to teach me how to suck the meat out of the head of the crawfish...gross. Like there was any chance that was going to happen; I won't even eat chicken off the bone.
After dinner, everyone came back to our house for some booze, bonfire and cigars. It seems as though that was probably our last chance to use the fire pit again until fall, seeing as how the weather is so nice and warm now. Jared and I had a great time celebrating his birthday with our friends. Believe it or not, I forgot to take any pictures! I know, I'm so mad...guess I was too occupied with my wine.
During the day on Sunday, I layed out in the sun while Jared went golfing with Boden at Cimarrone. Not only were they equipped with two bubba kegs of bourbon and sprite, but also with Jared's birthday present from me...a new golf bag! He mentioned that he was sick of having to carry around his bright blue and yellow Marathon High School golf bag, so I figured I would save him from future embarrassment and get him a grown-up golf bag :)
Later that evening, we had another birthday dinner at my parents' house. My mom and I made these cool frozen drinks with a mix that I got her for Christmas. Its called a wine-a-rita, like a margarita, but with wine instead of tequila. It was really sweet, but yummy and it turned out purple! My parents got Jared one of those Keurig coffee makers for his birthday, he loved it.
Jared and I really enjoyed our day off of work today. We started our day with breakfast, homemade waffles by me, on our back patio in the beautiful weather. Then we celebrated President's Day by stimulating the economy at the mall. We had a great weekend celebrating Jared and welcoming this spring weather! I even have a nice sunburn to show for it :) Happy Spring!

No comments:
Post a Comment