Tuesday, February 15, 2011

From The Kitchen

I am really just not a big fan of cooking. It's not that I am a bad cook; I am perfectly capable of making a delicious meal, I just don't like to do it. Luckily, Jared is a really good cook so I manage to get away with not cooking all the time. Plus, Jared tries to eat healthy and if I am cooking then we will be eating pasta and mashed potatoes with every meal :) Sorry, but me and my ridiculously fast metabolism really like carbs.

The number one reason why I don't like cooking is because it is such a process that involves way too many different tools that all require cleaning afterward. For example, I just made some pasta for dinner. In making this pasta I had to use a knife and a cutting board to cut up my chicken, then I had to use a pan and spatula to cook my chicken. I also had to use a pot and a spoon to cook my pasta. Then I had to use a colander to strain my pasta. Now, my entire sink is full of dishes. Side note: I despise washing dishes. As I stand over my stove pondering about how all I managed to get out of all those dishes was this wimpy little pasta dish, I decide that I would be much more excited about cooking if I didn't have to use so many damn tools in order to accomplish it.

Therefore, I have decided that I want to buy a hibachi grill. Yes, I mean the cook top that they use in the Japanese restaurants. I seriously want to throw away my stove and all my pots and pans and just cook everything on a hibachi. Think about it...you cook everything on the same surface, nothing goes into pots or pans, and you use like two utensils for the entire cooking process. When you are done all you have to do is use that fancy scraper thing to scrape off all the crusty stuff into the garbage. You can cook meats, veggies, and even rice and pasta on the hibachi. Think of all the dirty dishes that you wouldn't have to wash!!

I have enlisted my dad (he builds customs homes for a living) to install my hibachi in my kitchen for me...once I scrounge up the $1,300 to purchase one. So obviously this is completely ridiculous and I am really not going to buy a hibachi, but don't you think cooking would be so much easier on a hibachi? Well, except for baking things...guess I'll have to keep my oven around for that purpose.

Until I magically win the lottery, I can't afford a hibachi in my kitchen; so I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and wash the dishes, or I could just start making everything in my crockpot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment