I think her colleagues were mildly terrified of us. Her co-workers from her office already think that she is a crazy, OCD, organization freak in high heels. Well, then there were two of us. Majority of the people there kept asking us if we were biological sisters. Nope, we just share a brain.
We arrived in Cocoa Beach on Tuesday afternoon to this fabulous oceanfront view from our room.
First thing on our agenda? Beach. I had no shame in immediately handing my phone to Casey's boss and making him take this photo of us posing with our cocktails on the beach. I'm sure he was amused :)
The next day, Casey's conference went on a little field trip to Kennedy Space Center for a behind the scenes tour. I managed to sweet talk my way on to the tour even though I wasn't technically attending the conference. It's good to be friends with the person planning the conference :)
We got to visit a ton of cool facilities that normal people don't ever get to visit. We got to walk out onto the launch pads, ride down the runway where the Space Shuttle lands, see actual rockets being built up-close, and eat in the cafeteria with the NASA employees. I love visiting historical/educational sites and this nerdy experience was definitely an awesome one.
Beach vacation is not complete without a delicious beer and a waterfront view. Cape Canaveral has a area near the port called "The Cove" which has some great restaurants. We enjoyed our evening out there.
In an effort to continue training for my upcoming 5k run (July 27th!), I went for an early morning run on the beach. Running on the sand was a little challenging, but the scenery was beautiful so I loved it. This was a fabulous little getaway with my best friend. Thanks Casey!


No comments:
Post a Comment