Now, onto the trip recap...I am going to split this trip up into multiple posts because I obviously took a lot of pictures. I know, shocker. Jared refused to pose for any pictures for me, so all of the pictures from our trip are of me. Only me. Also, it rained the entire time we were there so you are going to have to look at a bunch of pictures of ugly, frizzy hair me. Sorry in advance. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Thursday, July 4
Jared and I actually left Florida on Wednesday afternoon and drove up to Asheville, about 1 hour from the cabin. On Thursday morning, we went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville to celebrate the 4th.
Jared and I had both been to the Biltmore years ago when we were little and neither of us had been back since. I love visiting historical sites, especially big, pretty mansions. First, we went on a tour inside the house which was absolutely beautiful.
Unfortunately, it was raining on and off all day, but I was not about to let that stop me from dressing festive for the holiday. Just had to add rain boots :)
We spent the afternoon frolicking around the gardens and grounds of the estate.
We were eager to finish our house tour, escape the crowds and get on over to the winery. First, we went on a tour of the winery and learned all about how they make their wines on the property. After the tour, it was time for a tasting!
We left Asheville and made our way up to the Smoky Mountains. Once we hit the mountain road that takes us up to the cabin, we ride with the windows down to take in that mountain air. Rain or shine. It's a family tradition.
We finally arrived at the cabin and I was so ready for a relaxing weekend with no distractions. Yes, the cabin has electricity and running water, but that is about it. No air conditioning. No television. No internet. No cell phone signal. Surrounded by nature, it is so quiet and wonderful.
I told you it was rustic. I may have forgotten how rustic. After a little sweeping, dusting and some Clorox, it was ready to be inhabited by this girl for the next 4 days.
I love the country, mountain decor inside the cabin. It makes it feel so cozy and it looks pretty much the same as it has for the past 27 years.
My favorite part of the cabin is relaxing in this swing on the porch with a beverage listening to the creek.


No comments:
Post a Comment