Week 10: November 6 - November 12
The bump is officially here to stay y'all. At the beginning of week 10, I thought it might just be bloating or the fact that I have to eat every 20 minutes to keep my nausea at bay. However, I soon discovered that this little gut of mine was not going away and could not be sucked in. Cue baby bump. At first, I was shocked and a little uncomfortable about starting to show so early. I felt like it isn't "normal" to start this early and that I shouldn't be showing yet. I had to remind myself that I shouldn't compare my pregnancy to others because no two women or pregnancies are the same. I also discovered that many traits of pregnancy are apparently genetic so I had to consult my mom on what I should expect here. Come to find out, she showed really early with both of her pregnancies (hence my early show as well) and her belly was really big throughout her pregnancies because my brother and I were both big babies. Guess I have a lot of fun to look forward to! Week 10 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of a prune this week! Why a prune? I have no idea. I feel like there is a better fruit or veggie alternative to compare my baby to, but alas TheBump says a prune.
- Baby Roche has a sweet new ride! See photo above. We have been eyeing this BOB stroller knowing that this was the stroller we wanted, but we needed to shop around for a good deal because it is really expensive. Over the weekend, Toys R Us ran an unbelievable deal on these strollers so we jumped at the opportunity. We also got the exact infant car seat we wanted for FREE with the deal! I'm super excited.
- I feel like my dogs have figured out that I am pregnant. All of a sudden, they refuse to leave me alone. They follow me all around the house and sit at my feet constantly no matter what I'm doing. It's like they are guarding me. When I'm laying on the couch, they come and put their heads on my tummy. It's adorable. Do they really know that I'm pregnant? Is that something that dogs can sense?
- I am still exhausted and nauseated. All. The. Time. I can't tell if the nausea is getting worse or if I'm just losing my patience with it. However, I do have a love/hate relationship with my nausea. Yes, I hate it because it is so uncomfortable and annoying especially because it never stops. On the other hand, I love it because it serves as a constant reminder that everything is going ok with my pregnancy. The only reason I have this nausea is because my hormones are raging and baby is in there partying. Every time I start feeling really crappy, I try to remind myself that this nausea means I'm having a healthy pregnancy and I should be grateful for that.
- I hate pants. I can still fit in all my pants but I hate them. I think it has to do with the fact that when I wear pants, they now put pressure on my stomach which makes me feel even more nauseated than I already am. So my wardrobe currently consists of dresses and Nike running shorts.
- I started feeling my abdomen muscles stretching this week (hence the premiere of the bump) which is a super weird but kinda cool feeling. I guess my uterus is really growing in there and making room for baby. Luckily, it hasn't been uncomfortable or painful at all for me unlike what some other people told me they experienced. I am thankful for that, my tummy does not need any more discomfort.
- Food preferences: I definitely prefer sour and salty to sweet right now. I am still enjoying pasta and grains more than anything. I still have an aversion to eggs and a more recent aversion to chicken. I am also not very into fruits and veggies right now which I know is probably not great for me, but I have to eat what makes me feel better. I'll worry about eating "what I am supposed to" once I kick this nausea.



No comments:
Post a Comment