Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bumpdate {6 Weeks}

Week 6 was a huge one for milestones in our pregnancy. I think this was the first week that I truly "felt" pregnant. Getting to see and hear baby's heartbeat for the first time was an amazing and surreal experience; something that I think made this pregnancy actually start to feel real.

Week 6: October 9 - October 15
Still no bump yet!

My mom took our pregnancy announcement photos for us in her backyard. 

Baby and I participated in his/her very first 5k! We walked of course. This 5k was the Out of the Darkness community walk to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. We walked in memory of my dad.


Week 6 Milestones: 

- We had our second ultrasound at 6 weeks and 2 days. We were able to see a little something (that looked like a bean) that was our baby! We also got to see and hear the heartbeat! I was shocked that we were able to actually hear the heartbeat so early, it was very exciting. Heartbeat was 108 beats per minute.

- At this point, I was starting to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours. I was getting hungry all the time and eating constantly. I didn't gain a single pound, but if I didn't eat at least every 2 hours I would feel like I was starving. I had to start carrying snacks with me everywhere I went. My main craving...cheese.

-  I was starting to feel exhausted all the time. By 3:00 in the afternoon, I was so tired and ready for a nap. That serious 1st trimester exhaustion was definitely setting it by this week. I constantly felt like I was in a daze. Even when I woke up in the morning or woke up from a nap, I would still feel tired.

- We announced our pregnancy to our grandparents. We were unable to tell Jared grandmothers in person because they live far away, but we told them over the phone. We were able to tell my grandparents face to face at family dinner which was very entertaining. They were so excited and overwhelmed, telling everyone in the entire restaurant. It was adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment