Week 7: October 16 - October 22
Week 7 Milestones:
- Hungover on a cruise ship. That is the best way I can describe this queasy feeling. It's not full blown gut-wrenching nausea, and there's no vomiting (thank goodness), just queasy all the time. I have that headache/queasy feeling of a hangover + the off balance sea sick feeling of being on a cruise ship, and it never goes away. More than being really painful or unbearable, it's mostly just annoying. The only thing I have found that helps ease the nausea is a full stomach. So I am literally eating all the time. I don't want to eat or feel like eating, but it's the only thing that makes me feel better.
- Exhaustion. I feel so tired and sleepy all the time. Between all this constant exhaustion and nausea, my couch is my new best friend.
- Hot flashes and dizziness. Two things that I was completely unaware were pregnancy symptoms. I thought I was getting the flu (even though I had a flu shot during week 6). Apparently, your body is acting like a oven during this stage of pregnancy trying to create a warm cozy environment for the growing little fetus which makes mommy feel like she is on fire. In addition, all the new hormones that are surging in your body can cause dizziness.
- I was completely unaware that I was even experiencing all these symptoms until one morning when I was driving to work. I was feeling my normal nausea + exhaustion as soon as I woke up that morning. As I was getting ready for work, I started feeling really hot. I took my temperature and saw that I did not have a fever so I decided to go to work. Once I got in the car and started driving, the dizziness started to set in. All of a sudden the nausea, heat and dizziness combined to make me feel as though I was going to pass out. While I was driving. About to get on I-95. I had to pull over because I was so afraid that I was going to become unconscious. Luckily, my mom came and picked me up to take me back home.
- The hot flashes and dizziness only lasted a day or so, but the nausea and exhaustion continued throughout week 7.
* I hate that all of the milestones for this week sound so whiny and depressing. Despite this mild discomfort and inconvenience, I am loving being pregnant. I simply want to document and remember my entire pregnancy, good and bad. I don't mean to complain about being pregnant because I could not be more grateful for my pregnancy no matter how difficult it might get. The first trimester is a tough one!



No comments:
Post a Comment