Week 8: October 23 - October 29
My first bump photo with my other soon-to-be mommy friends!
Week 8 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of a raspberry this week! For being so tiny, this little thing sure is wreaking havoc inside my body.
- I am still "hungover on the cruise ship". This first trimester nausea and exhaustion continues to haunt me all day, everyday. My doctor gave me a prescription for the magical anti-nausea medication, Zofran, but I don't want to take it. I hate taking medication and I never take it unless it is absolutely necessary. Plus, I don't want to take any meds while I'm pregnant unless I'm literally dying. The nausea isn't that bad and I am determined to deal with it using the right foods on my own.
- I still haven't gained any weight even though I've been grazing like a cow. I have to eat constantly to keep the nausea under control. Thankfully, there hasn't been any unnecessary weight gain yet, despite all my eating. Let's hope it stays that way.
- We had another ultrasound at 8 weeks and 1 day. We were able to see baby's newly forming arm and leg buds which made it look like a gummy bear. Yes, those were the words of my fertility doctor. He compared my baby to a gummy bear and he was right, it did look like a gummy bear swimming around on the screen.

.jpg)


Hopefully your nauseau/hungover feeling will be tapering off soon. Mine started going away around week 11/12. Still have moment's but it's not 24/7. And I totally understand the having to eat non stop to avoid the feeling.
ReplyDelete