Thursday, November 28, 2013

I'm Thankful For

I've been feeling sorry for myself for the past few weeks because of my pregnancy nausea. I decided that this is absolutely ridiculous because while this nausea is really annoying, it is literally the worst thing I have going on in my life. So many other people out there have a lot of terrible things going on in their lives which are 1,000 times worse than my silly nausea. Therefore, I decided to tell myself to shut up and quit complaining about the nausea and instead put my energy into making a list of all the wonderful things that I am so blessed to have and be thankful for.


On this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for...

- Having a house, which we own, to celebrate the holidays in and come home to every night.

- Our families, near and far, who have been so supportive this year with all that we have been going through.

- Our immediate family living in close proximity to us so that we get to see them often.

- Our fur babies, Sadie and Lola. Even though they (mostly Sadie) drive me insane sometimes, they always snuggle close to me when I need it the most.

- Good health insurance which enabled us to be able to afford all the fertility treatments that we needed.

- Blogging because it has really helped me get through some tough emotional and mental times.

- Traditions because they make this time of year so special. They help us to honor and memorialize an important person or time in our life, which is what I love most about the holidays.

- My husband's job because it is enabling me to have my ultimate dream job, being a stay at home mom for our baby.

- Fertility doctors who make it possible for people like me to actually get pregnant.

- My church small group for being like a second family to us.

- Our friends who have been there for us every step of the way.

- The amazing moms that Jared and I are both so lucky to have. They are always there for me and I know that I will need them more than ever once this baby comes, since I have no idea what I'm doing.

- All of my girlfriends who are currently pregnant. I am so excited for all of us to embark on this journey of motherhood together.

- The fact that my husband enjoys deep-frying our turkey for Thanksgiving every year so that I never have to learn how to cook one. I would surely screw that up.

- My Seminoles having an amazing football season, being undefeated currently and possibly going to the National Championship.

- Chilly weather this year on Thanksgiving! Even though we live in Florida, I still like for the weather to kind of feel seasonal outside on the actual holidays. Nothing annoys me more than 80 degrees on Christmas.

- Facebook for allowing me to keep in touch with and share my life with my friends living all over the world who I might not see often.

- My strong marriage. In today's world, good marriages are becoming less and less common. Marriage seems to be something that people just don't take seriously anymore which really bothers me. I take my marriage very seriously, I work hard at it, it is sacred to me and I am proud of that.

- My husband, for always taking care of me and putting up with my shenanigans. Working in the finance industry and studying for his MBA is often stressful for him, but he always finds time for me as well. He also got up at 6am this morning to go run a 6k in the 30 degree weather. I'm always so proud of him.

- The power of prayer and our Lord because without them I would be much worse off and absolutely would not be pregnant right now. I have experienced true miracles this year.

- The little miracle that is growing inside my belly right now. After struggling for 18 months with infertility issues, enduring the hardship of IVF and now the discomfort of constant nausea for the past 6 weeks, I would go through it all over again for this baby. Needless to say, the thing I am most thankful for this year and the best thing that happened to us in 2013 (and probably ever) is being pregnant with our first child.

- The fact that 2013 is almost over. Let's be honest, this has been a rough year and I can't wait to see all the joy that 2014 is going to bring!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday weekend. 
Happy Thanksgiving and Go Noles!

No comments:

Post a Comment