Week 13: November 27 - December 3
Week 13 Milestones:
- This is the final week of the first trimester! I can't believe that I survived. We are 1/3 of the way to our due date!
- Baby is the size of a peach this week! It is about 3 inches long and has teeth and fingerprints now.
- No more nausea, woo!!! However, now we have moved on to headaches, muscle soreness due to the growing uterus and boobies, weird bowel issues (I know, yuck) and the general overall exhaustion continues. I am definitely having textbook pregnancy symptoms...I get every single one on the list without fail. I secretly hate those people who don't have any pregnancy symptoms or don't feel pregnant. (Just kidding, I love you guys still) Literally, not a moment goes by that I don't have some weird or uncomfortable feeling in my body that reminds me that I am in fact very pregnant. Needless to say, I will never ever have sympathy for men ever again.
- I forgot to weigh myself this week, but I don't feel like I've gained any weight. In fact, I think my belly actually looks smaller now than it did last week. Disclaimer: the photo above is not a good representation of what my bump actually looks like right now because I took this photo after eating Thanksgiving dinner while wearing a bulky sweater so I look gigantic. For the record, baby really enjoyed Thanksgiving food. Yum.
- Food preferences: Not much has changed, yes to salty and sour foods and no to sweets. Eggs and chicken still make my stomach churn. I am still loving pickles and pasta the most. My newest obsession this week is donuts, not just any donuts though...the only acceptable options are either powdered munchkins from Dunkin Donuts or cinnamon twists from the Publix bakery. Did you know that Dunkin Donuts only makes munchkins once per day and when they run out they don't make anymore? That sounds like a stupid business practice if you ask me. They also tend to run out of powdered munchkins around 10am everyday. Why would you not make more instead of being out of them for the next 12 hours? I might end up writing Dunkin Donuts an angry letter about this. Let's not discuss how many afternoon trips I made to Dunkin Donuts that resulted in no munchkins and me getting fiesty with the high schoolers working behind the counter who finally divulged this information to me because they could tell that I was an angry pregnant lady. At least now I know the trade secret to getting my powdered munchkins. Let me tell you, pregnant women will do anything for the foods they are craving...or at least I will.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!



No comments:
Post a Comment