Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Morning

My husband absolutely loves Christmas morning traditions. It's so adorable. Even though we don't have any children (or anyone under the age of 26 for that matter) on either side of our immediate family currently, we still do the whole pajamas, stockings, Santa thing...just with a bunch of adults, which sounds pretty silly but is so much fun. I guess it just proves that no matter how old you get, everyone reverts back to childhood on Christmas morning.

We had our breakfast first thing in the morning, Polish kielbasa sandwiches. A holiday tradition from Jared's mom's side of the family. Accompanied by mimosas of course...or in my case, mock mimosas.

After breakfast, it was time for stockings and then tearing open all those presents under the tree. I had extra presents this year because I got to open all of baby's presents for her. I think she got the most presents out of anyone and she isn't even here yet. I can't imagine what next year will be like :)

 Jared, his mom, his sister and me

Mommy and me

Gina passed down her own baby blanket to us. She used it with both Jared and Erika and now we get to use it with our baby girl. How special. I'm amazed that it's still in such great shape after 50+ years. I can't wait to wrap our little girl in it.

Auntie Erika definitely did a good job of outfitting baby girl in plenty of adorable FSU clothes. This girl is going to have a better gameday wardrobe than I do.

Merry Christmas from the Roches!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you guys still keep up with your Christmas traditions! My husband and I didn't grow up with many traditions (I know... weird, right?) so each year we try new things and are slowly coming up with our own. It looks like you guys had a great day!

    ReplyDelete