Week 14: December 4 - December 10
Week 14 Milestones:
- Baby is the size of a lemon this week! It is 3.4 inches long and weighs about 1.5 ounces. Baby is able to start making facial expressions this week as well as suck it's thumb. Baby is also starting to grow hair!
- I've gained a total of 6.8 pounds thus far during this pregnancy. I only wear maternity pants now simply because they are the most comfortable. Technically, I can still fit into my old jeans and just use a belly band with them, but they are annoying and uncomfortable so why not just enjoy my maternity pants. I still wear normal shirts and dresses (as long as they are stretchy, nothing too structured), although I have started buying some non-maternity clothes just in a bigger size than what I normally wear.
- The muscles and ligaments in my lower abdomen are stretching like crazy to make more room for baby. A couple times throughout the day, I will feel a lot of cramping and soreness in my lower abdomen but it always goes away after a few minutes. I feel it the most when I wake up either in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. I still can't feel the actual baby moving yet, but I notice that the shape of my belly changes throughout the day. Sometimes I notice that one side of my belly is firmer and sticking out more than the other side. It's kind of weird, but pretty cool looking!
- I'm still going strong with no nausea this week, yay! However, I do still get other symptoms that make me feel crappy throughout the day, but nothing compared to that horrible nausea from the first trimester. I notice that I get more symptoms if I'm overtired or if I've done too much that day. I really have to focus on doing a little bit, resting, and then doing some more. It's really hard to stop once I get going and feeling good, but I have to stop myself and take a break or else I will feel really bad later on. I keep feeling a little better everyday, so that's a plus!
- Food preferences: My food trends still pretty much remain the same. Yes to salty foods, no to sweets. The only meat I really like right now is beef. I can tolerate other types, just not chicken or fish. I'm not really enjoying vegetables or fruits either, but pasta and grains always seem to hit the spot. Still loving pickles and pickled beets and anything with cream cheese on it. I also can't get enough of those cinnamon twists from the Publix bakery. Yum. I have also rekindled my love for milk this past week. I used to drink two glasses of milk everyday for my entire life until this past summer when I was trying anything and everything to control my hormones so I gave it up. However, this past week I started craving milk hardcore. My body must be in need of calcium or something. Now, I'm drinking like 3 glasses of milk per day and it's so delicious I can hardly contain myself.
- I've been checking into all the old wives' tales for predicting gender this week! Not that I actually believe them, but they are just fun to do. Coming up this week, I am going to do a blog post with all of my gender prediction results according to the different tests. Then, everyone can vote on what gender they think the baby will be!
Also, Happy Founder's Day to my husband and his fraternity brothers today! Could there be a little Kappa Sigma legacy growing in my belly? We will find out in two weeks!


No comments:
Post a Comment